CHALLENGE: Get ready for Qu.I.C. 2006!!

Victorian

old head
What is Qu.I.C. ?
The Quarter Inch Challenge is a challenge for LHCF members in pursuit of faster growth. As the title suggests, the goal is to increase your regular growth rate by .25 inch.​

Who can join?
Regardless of current growth rate, hair length, or regimen, anyone who wants to increase their growth rate should join!​

So what do we have to do?
Devise an initial personal plan for increasing your growth rate by .25 inch, post your plan and hair stats in the Qu.I.C. Start Thread (which I'll start closer to the start date), and get growing!​

Why a quarter inch?
Because .25 inch is a small change--Not too daunting for growth challenge neophytes, yet it results in an extra 3 inches per year of growth which is plenty to celebrate over. :weird:

So does this mean the challenge is to get a total of 3 inches more than we usually get per year in 2006?
No. It may take you several months to create and refine a successful plan that allows you to maintain a growth rate .25 inch faster than your current rate. The challenge is to get it worked out by the end of 2006, so from then on you can continue growing at your new, faster rate :)

What if I have a growth rate goal that is more than .25 faster than my current rate? Can I still join?
Of course! .25 is just a starting point, and a nice increment to work with.​

How do I know I'll get .25 inch and not .1, .3, .5, or something else?
You don't. But setting a concrete goal is more effective than something nebulous like "get faster growth." You can tweak your regimen as much as you need/want to in order to get your .25 inch. If you get even more, then it's just more to celebrate!​

What might I do to increase my growth rate?
Draw from the successes of other members, and think about what you're already doing and not doing. Some areas to consider working in:
  • Diet (foods high in certain nutrients)
  • Exercise
  • Supplements (sulfur sources like MSM and aminos, b-vitamins, protein, etc.)
  • Topical growth aids (surge, mtg, other sulfur products, essential oils)
  • Physical regimen changes (massaging, washing frequency)
A word to the wise: Think simple. The goal isn't to get .25 inches more for ONE month, it's to spend time adjusting your current regimen so that you can continue to grow at this rate. You want a regimen you can continue comfortably indefinitely.

When do we start/update, etc.?
We begin on January 1st. I'll put up the Qu.I.C. Start Thread before then to give everyone a chance to put up their regimens. We will update every 3 months thereafter. That means there will be a total of 5 QuIC threads (not including this one): the start thread in January, update threads in April, July, October, and the final thread in January 2007.​

So this thread is to guage interest, get ideas from other members about what we can do to help everyone be successful, and just create awareness so we can get to work coming up with our specific plans. For the start thread you'll need to know your current growth rate, so make sure you figure that out; If you haven't been keeping track just estimate an average. It's normal for growth rate to fluctuate so we can only really deal with averages anyway--which is part of the reason we only update every 3 months. The other part is that it can take a while for supplements and stuff to kick in so we want to give things a chance to work.

Get psyched for Qu.I.C. 2006!!! Woo! :trampolin

Last edited:

CarLiTa

that sounds good, but I need to see what other ppl are doing first, because i have no idea how to increase it myself :lol:

ekomba

Im in i already manage to find something that can give me constant growth of 1" and i know now how to tweek it to get 1.5/month over for 4 months in a row and once 2" i m gonna experiment to find a constant growth now that i m more familiar with everything i need to rethink my vitamin and whole haircare regimen eliminate what is not necessary keep it simple go more natural in terms of conditioners meaning more homemade lotions and potions, consuming less pills and achieving growth for an entire year so january is the starting point i warn u im shooting for more than 0.25 but it will keep me disciplined and focused and forced me as january is dawning to rethink and better my regimen so i ll be back let me try some stuff first before i post

foxybrownsugar

I have been transitioning since jan(last relaxer jan 6) so I havent been measuring. But I measured this morning, since 05 is almost gone and I grew 5 inches. I want to increase my growth to 6-8 inches next year so I can get rid of these pesky relaxed ends. I will mostly be making product changes, most of my techniques will remain the same. I will be back in a few days to list.

Last edited:

Victorian

old head
I started this thread so early to give everyone a chance to decide on their initial plan. We aren't posting our new regimens until the official start thread. Remember, it doesn't have to be something elaborate and involved. It may be something as simple as adding extra biotin, or starting daily scalp massages or something like that. You have the whole year to add to it or change it.

Perhaps this thread would be a good place for those who have had success with particular methods in the past to share the details of what they did and how much growth they got. This could give others ideas to help them come up with a regimen for the challenge.

For instance, daily washing/rinsing increased my growth from .25 inch to .75 inch.
Anyone else have a method to share?

metro_qt

daily washing increased your growth from .25 to .75? wow.
My growth consistently stays at .25 no matter how many times I wash per day, or how many vitamins i take.. or how much water i drink... (i wash alot, drink alot.. and used to take alot of vits.)

The only thing that increased me to .33/month from .25 lol is MTG.

But i'm going to have to wait til march or april to see if these months were just my slow growing hair phase, or my hair indeed only grows at .25/month...

I also want to know if you all are accounting for the different growth phases your hair has..

indefinite

I am going to give it a try. My technique is going to be a weekly salon visit. No more messing around with my hair. I am going to get it done once a week and not manipulate it, play with it, playing stylist, chemist or anything else. I am going to increase my cardio to increase my blood stimulation and attempt to eat more vegetables:look:

CarLiTa

Ok, if i can think of how i got growth spurts in the past... from like, November 2004 to March 2005, I had significant growth spurt. My november-december progress was cut off in January, and my january-march progress was cut off in March :(

that was why I joined LHCF and decided to end my relationship with scissor happy stylist :ohwell:

the only thing I remember doing was EXERCISING. Nearly everyday, for about two hours a day. Lots of cardio. I didn't wash a lot though, and I wish I had b/c the sweat made my hair really dry. But i still believed the myth that black ppl shouldnt wash their hair often, sadly. I would wet my hair sometimes when my scalp would feel like it was burning b/c i was so hot. Now that I think of it, the translation is: LOTS of stimulation and blow flow up there, so yeah, my hair was REALLY growing. I believe I grew 1" per month then. That's a whole 0.4" more than what I grow on a regular basis.

I think in January, when my schedule isn't so busy, I will start doing the same thing again and see how that goes.

andreab

I am totally down with this. I am 6 weeks post relaxer and it is begining to get crazy up there. I need to measure my hair and get back on track with my vitamins, add Salerm to my regime, and WGO for massages.

This is a great plan for me. I really only want to get yto APL then I'll be satisfied.

I well check back in as I prepare for this challenge.

Healthb4Length

I think this is a great idea! The things I will be doing to contribute to more growth will be sticking with the C&G challenge. MTG has really helped a sista out so I will be sticking with it until my bottle finishes and then I will make my own sulfur concoction. I will be consistent with my Andrew Lessman vitamins, my GNC fish oils, Flax seed oils, and Silica.

KiSseS03

I want to try this... I'm not really sure what my current growth rate is. I know that between my second to last relaxer on July 25 and the final one on Oct. 7 I had almost 1.5" of new growth, but that might be due to summer growth spurt. I'm guessing that closer to .5-.6" per month these days....

I'm not really into the topical growth potions or lots of supplements. I think I'll just try to continue to eat healthy and become more physically active, since I've been slacking...

meia

i wish to join! i think what i might do might not increase my growth perse but i think that i'll retain the growth necessary to give me that extra quarter. retaining is where i really have the big problem with! i think i'll be more conscious of doing scalp massages, i think i'll limit my product usage to one product line instead of many (oyin), i think i'll phase out comb usage (ive phased out brushes entirely) and strictly use metal picks on my hair, i'll up the conditioning quotient to daily (conditioner) and nightly with oil/leave-in, i think i'll continue to wash daily because as long as im using the correct products my hair loves it and i think i might go aboiut a day in between without washing..i might stop using mtg entirely because it makes my face break out and sometimes just doesnt seem worth it..and i might just not use any topical growth potions- just get used to my hair length as it is for the next month or two and then maybe i'll up the mtg usage for my baby's prom so i have my waist length hair..ohhh and i'll also be in mahalialee's bun challenge so i wont be wearing my hair out much..so far thats been doing wonders for my hair alone..