12 in 12 Challenge?

Renovating

I'm in. I'll be drinking Bronze's hair cocktail, b-complex, vitamin e, chlorella, spirulina, drinking at least 8oz of msm water before bed. I'm going to alternate wearing kinky twists and natural hair twists to make applying MT/WGO/MSM mixture easier.

kitamay

I am in. I would love to do this challenge. I will be using Bronze's cocktail for growth, but I need some help figuring out how to retain the growth. I am starting over and doing a big chop to get rid of my breakage on Dec. 30th.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I'm in on this (SL 4a/b natural). My regimen will include:

MN 4x/week (with castor oil, liquid MSM and caffeine powder)
Protein, protein, protein (goal is 75g/day)
10000 mcg Biotin/day
Twists & Twist-outs for low manipulation
Daily Workouts

Erm...... Forgive me Jaxhair for not believing in your ability to grow an inch a month - you may prove me wrong and show that you can do that and more, and I shall try my very best in this challenge to get you to grow and retain 12 inches in 2009.

It does seem crazy and implausible, and in part it will definitely depend on how fast your hair naturally grows. But I do believe the original thread was inspired by an LHCFer who managed to get 2"/month by being 150% on top of her regimen. It seems that if you look at the polls asking why people don't succeed with their challenges, a lot of the time (not always), but a lot of the time it's because they slacked on their regimen, or had setbacks, etc. So, it "can" work if we're dedicated...let's just try to keep one another accountable and encouraged with updates.

Last edited:

taz007

I'm in on this (SL 4a/b natural). My regimen will include:

MN 4x/week
Protein, protein, protein (goal is 75g/day)
10000 mcg Biotin/day
Twists & Twist-outs for low manipulation
Daily Workouts

It does seem crazy and implausible, and in part it will definitely depend on how fast your hair naturally grows. But I do believe the original thread was inspired by an LHCFer who managed to get 2"/month by being 150% on top of her regimen. It seems that if you look at the polls asking why people don't succeed with their challenges, a lot of the time (not always), but a lot of the time it's because they slacked on their regimen, or had setbacks, etc. So, it "can" work if we're dedicated...let's just try to keep one another accountable and encouraged with updates.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Ok, where is THIS thread???? I wanna read about whoever got 2" a month!!!

Mane Event

Authenticity or KityMay - What's Bronze Hair Tonic?

I tried performing a search on the site and on google. Couldn't find anything. Please share

Lebiya

This is my personal challenge. big things are happenin‘ in ‘09!

My regime will go somewhat like this - changes may be made

Colon cleanse - 3 months straight

MT every night

Monistat , cortistone, capiscon (sp) w/ peppermint mix - everyday

Coffee Rinses 3x / week

Deep conditioning - 1 per week

Coconut oil/ aloe Vera gelly for scalp

Consume 100- 120 g of protein per day- EVERYDAY- (I remember a while back a poster said she got 2 inch /month from consuming a lot of protein)
..so far that’s it- and It‘s true, we slack off waay to much, thats why we don’t attain our goals, but not me, not this new year

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I want that thread/post!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Ok, where is THIS thread???? I wanna read about whoever got 2" a month!!!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=84937

Her name is Ekomba. Her regimen basically included everything. She also wasn't someone who already got 1" every month regardless. She said when she slacked, she went back to 1/4". She even has a fotki.

My suspicion is that a lot of it has to do with the protein, so that's what I'm going to focus on this time around.

OP, whenever the rules are posted, can we have everyone who joins the challenge include their regimen, their natural rate of growth without anything, what they've been getting if they're using supplements, and then do like quarterly updates on the new growth rate? This should help people in the future.

Last edited:

girlyprincess23

I'm in as long as we can use growth aids.

What's your regimen?
I will be deep conditioning 2x a week and rollersetting weekly, Using OCT/MN every night, Relaxing every 10-12 weeks, and Trimming at every relaxer.

Current growth rate?
Unaided maybe about a quarter to a half inch a month.

Will you be using anything to aid your growth (supplements, growth aids, etc)?
Yes I will be using OCT and MN and exercise. As well as a healthy diet and multivitamins.

Last edited:

that_1_grrrl

Her name is Ekomba. Her regimen basically included everything. She also wasn't someone who already got 1" every month regardless. She said when she slacked, she went back to 1/4". She even has a fotki.

My suspicion is that a lot of it has to do with the protein, so that's what I'm going to focus on this time around.

OP, whenever the rules are posted, can we have everyone who joins the challenge include their regimen, their natural rate of growth without anything, what they've been getting if they're using supplements, and then do like quarterly updates on the new growth rate? This should help people in the future.

Sounds like I good idea! My Internet is a little wonky right now, but I'm going to try to update the post with the list of participants and with what you stated above!

Lebiya

Are you going to take digestive enzymes so that I make sure I break down the protein that you are eating so that it gets to my hair? and if so, when do you take the enzymes?

Taking too much protein for long periods can cause liver/kidney damage after long periods. So you have to do it right. I need to figure this out, to make ure it gets to me hair properly.

mightycute912

I am down for the challenge. I want to see how much I can grow, because I am in that iffy transitioning stage. So, if I can grow enough healthy, natural hair I can cut off the relaxed ends. :wallbash: URGH!

Just_Kays_Hair

Are you going to take digestive enzymes so that I make sure I break down the protein that you are eating so that it gets to my hair? and if so, when do you take the enzymes?

Taking too much protein for long periods can cause liver/kidney damage after long periods. So you have to do it right. I need to figure this out, to make ure it gets to me hair properly.

you are suppose to take the enzymes mid meal.

Lebiya

^^ Yes after you digest large loads or protein- this will ensure your breaking it up and it will go to the right places.

Just_Kays_Hair

OK this will be my first challenge, but i am in 100%. My only problem is that i have never had a steady regimen, not to sure what my hair type is exactly, and have never measured how fast my hair can grow. Can anyone help me, i want to make sure i start out on the right track. Also what are the official rules for the challenge?

that_1_grrrl

Okay, ladies, I've updated once again! I just want everyone to have fun with this challenge. That's why I'm steering away from hardline rules. I'd hate to have everyone following strict rules, only to find they still didn't make that 1 inch.

I guess I should call this more of an experiment than a challenge. Basically, we're the guinea pigs of hair growth and retention. We'll do our bests to stick to our regimens (but only the regimens that work), maintain our health, and retain, retain, RETAIN! We'll see where it takes us. No matter what growth we get, our biggest goal should be to retain it!

I hope you all have fun with this. :)

What's your regimen?
My reggie is in my signature.

Current growth rate?
I'm not sure because I don't retain length well. I can tell this is the case because my hair is several different lengths instead of one. I'm hoping that after this year, I may be able to have my hair evened. That would be awesome. :)

Will you be using anything to aid your growth (supplements, growth aids, etc)?
I will start taking a multivitamin for general health. Currently, I'm taking biotin for a short while, but I hope to be on MSM as it will help me with my hair and with my joint problems. I am also using Bee Mine to help with my itchy, itchy scalp.