Check in 8 Month Braid Challengers

KinksnCurlz

Here's the link from the original Braid Challenge that I started in December.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=44690

Has anyone started the braid challenge as of yet? I'm getting my flatwists done this Saturday. What about you? I will post pics once they r in. My plan is to keep this style for 3 weeks. I will be surging daily and applying oil to my scalp to combat that dry feeling surge leaves on my hair.

Last edited:
I'm getting so confused as there are so many different braid challenges going on. I am in the process of braiding my hair. I started Sunday night. See pics in the gallery. I'll leave these in for 2 months, take maybe a two week break, then re-braid. No relaxing in between.

Checking in.
I have my hair in box braids no extentions. I plan to keep them in for 3 - 4 weeks, before having them re-done. I will wash and deep condition every week.

I have my hair in braids, it's been a month already. I'm going to take them out the end of Jan. and leave them out for a week then have my hair rebraided.

Hi all. I've had braids in since late October and I'm keeping them in until July. I had cornrows for five weeks, took a two-week break and now I've been wearing zillions for three and a half weeks. I'll be keeping these in until February followed by another two-week break.

Yeah, I had cornrows and took them out. Now I'm wearing my hair out, I'll probably get it braided this weekend or next weekend. I dont know yet.

I forgot I was on this challenge. Silly me I had to look on the thread to remember. Well, I still have my braids with sew inw eave. I am doing as to be expected although I get the itchies from time to time. I am keeping them moisturized. I will change them at the end of every month, condition, rest,and then rebraid. I think I will add this to my challenges so I won't forget.

I’m on this challenge, well rather a modified version of it (6 months instead of 8). I’m happy to report that I had my cornrows redone on December 24, 2004 and they are still holding up. I haven’t posted a picture of them because it’s basically the same design in my album from December except I have a different swoop going on in the back of my head.

While on this challenge I have my cornrows (my real hair) braided up into a ponytail. I have an immense amount of moisturizer on my ends as well as the baggie because I want to retain as much length as possible. Also, I have a phony pony covering these braids and wear this style day in and day out. I know it's kind of boring but hey...all for the hair right??!!??

I plan to keep various cornrow designs in until I graduate in June so that I can get my hair professionally done. Currently I’m getting about 7/8-1” in growth each month. This challenge is going so good!! :clap: It saves me so much time...time that I loose spending hours trying to style my hair.

I am still rockin my Senegalese twists. I had to wash my hair last weekend because I just couldn't wait another week. My scalp feels better now

I took out my sengalese twists on 12/30...letting my hair breathe and will have it in cornrows this Saturday...:)

Hi I am here too. I am hoping to have mine done no later than this weekend. I am just prepping my hair by using a reconstructor and dusting my ends. I will post my pics when they are done. Thanks Q

Last edited:
I took my braids out on 12/26 and relaxed on 12/30. I'm currently taking a two week break before I rebraid. I will put them in again on 1/14. I haven't surged since I relaxed though because I sprayed surge on my scalp on Monday and my scalp didnt smell right after that :( . I think it's because i'm still freshly relaxed.

Checking in. I have Senegalese twists, got them done Jan 2nd after removing cornrows.

I guess I'll jump in. I had sew in for 6 weeks. I just took them down last week. I'm going to keep them for 6 weeks and put some more on until June or July. that will be 8 months without a perm... maybe I will use extend a perm in between to keep breakage down... or I may just perm my hair at the 4 month Mark....

I just took out my braids on 01/2. Unfortunately, I will not be putting braids back in until the end of April or early May. I am not on the eight month challenge, I just plan on wearing braids for 6 months out the year (2 months in the winter, spring, and fall) :) .

I'm checking in also... got my braide Dec. 23rd and will keep them til March. In March I will take them down and re-braid.

Skills? Girl you don't need no skills, just go to the spot and get ur hair braided :D Come, join us... be one of us :D

I maybe a little late, but I'm checking in! My hair is braided in a cornrow style and I'm loving it. My plan is to get them rebraided every six weeks, drink lots of water, take my vitamins daily, surge x2 daily as well as daily rinses. My goal is to have my hair grow at least .75" per month and to have thick,shoulder length hair be the end of this challenge. I'll post a picture of my hairstyle soon.

I'm here. I have had mine in for a month now and plan on braiding until April so not really a 8 month challenge but a 4 month one. I must admit though I HATEEE braids. It is taking every ounce of me not to rip these things out my head. It is going to be so hard for me to last until April but I need to hang in there.

Man I can't wait to see the pictures of all of you on the braid challenge once it ends. You are going to have growth galore!!

I'm late, but count me in!:) I've been wearing braids since October of last year. I just took mine out. I'll be rebraiding this weekend. I reserve a couple of days since I do them myself. I've been wearing individual braids just like Robin from The Crown and Glory website. My 8 months will be up in June.

CaramelH,
I've had mine in braids since Dec. I took them out last week to deep condition. I get a touch up tomorrow. I was going to just rebraid, but I had too much breakage at the demarcation line, so I am going to relax, wait about four weeks, and get back into zbraids!

My hair flourishes in braids!

Good idea...
also, if you usually get cornrolls, have them braid ur own hair first (about 1-1.5") then add the synthethic hair. I find that it causes less tension at the hairline.

Back