UPDATE - 8 month braid challenge/Month 2

KinksnCurlz

UPDATE - 8 month braid challenge/Month 3

Hey ladies :wave:

I took my braids out last Saturday and boy oh boy did it feel good to rub my scalp uninhibited :rofl: I am currently wearing a bun since i am interviewing so I will not be rebraiding until i find another job (within 2-3 weeks hopefully... keep ur fingers crossed :) ).
I wasn't as consistent with the surging and the s-curling so overall, i got about 3/4" growth for the month. I'm not complaining tho :D

So, how is it going for everyone else?

Last edited:

cutebajangirl

I am getting my edges redone tomorrow morning at Fa. I cant wait I am so excited. My hair is still holding strong. The weave part is getting tangly but as long as I am willing to flat iron it before I go out I am good to go, and since it is not my hair I am 100% willing to. :) I think I got 3/4 inch growth this month too but I am not sure. I am trying to keep this style for 2 months so it will be easier to measure when I take it out. Good luck on the job search.

WhipEffectz1

Still in braids here too but I'm not counting the growth. Everything seems to be going fine with taming the new growth and all.

Keen

After 4 months, I fell off the challenge. I'm switching my regiment to one month in braids and one month out. This is my month out. Good luck ladies.

mytia

SuperWoman!
I had cornrows for about a week and a half and I couldn't stand it. I couldn't get to my scalp very well and the itching was driving me crazy! So I'll be going back to my micros in a week or two. Untill then I'll be sporting my trusty bun!

cyninmon123

I just got my braids sat. so I won't be taking them out until the middle of may and I am currently taking my hair vitamins so hopefully I am heading in the right direction.

Destanee

I’ve slacked up a bit. I only got my hair braided once last month. I haven’t noticed any major growth. Hopefully I can get them done this weekend, until then I’m wearing a quick weave.

Kitkat

I braided up on Sunday, so I suppose I'm still in Month 1. I'll keep them in for 3 months, wash & condition, and put them back in, ideally in the same weekend.

Kitkat

CaramelHonee said:
I can't wait to get my hair rebraided. I loved not having to "deal" with it on a daily basis.

You're right about that. It took me an hour to roll my hair when I wanted to do a rollerset. People at work didn't understand why I wanted to braid it up again, but it was just as you mentioned, CH - no dealing with the hair every darned day. Now, it's just get up and go!

Oh, and good luck with the job search CH!

MrsQueeny

I took mine out last week too. I have not measured yet but I can see the growth because my hair is dyed. I did not surge as often as planned but I think I will get cornrows some time next week and it will be a lot easier to surge. Right now I am rocking my puff and afro. Oh I just loved being able to wash and where my fro. But it will be braided in a french braid the rest of this week because of my guard duty. Well gotta go get ready for work. I will be praying for you CH and say hello to that cutie pie daughter of yours (we are def going to have to get our girls together, I know they will love each other). Take care ladies Q

Last edited:

MissDiva

I just took my sew in down yesterday. It only lasted a little over 2 weeks, this time but I've been getting them consistently for a while, and I decided to let my hair breath for a couple of weeks, maybe a month; because I am in desperate need of some protein treatments. It seems like my hair is to soft and thin from all of the s-curl.

Stormy

I'll be taking my braids out this weekend and taking a month off. I like to switch up between braids and wearing buns. I've been surging. So far so good.

KathyMay

I have been so BUSY but I am dropping in to give an update. I had my semi micro human hair braids done on 2/20. I will take them out sometime in April or May. The senegalese twists didnt take my hair out at all. I am having great hair growth with the braids as usual.

Bee6

Truly Outrageous
Doing good. Just got my human hair singles done (see avatar), but I'm so tempted to relax...all these Phyto reviews.