Check in 8 Month Braid Challengers

Hello ladies,
I would like to join this challenge as well. I will be getting a touch-up this weekend and will rebraid in about 3-4 weeks. My last touch-up was May '04 and I've been pretty much in braids and protective styles since then. My last braid session didn't go as well because there was some damage because the ends of the braids were glued which I will never do again :mad:

At any rate, I think I need to get a touch-up (but I will only leave it on for about 7-10 min) and that's it and get a good trim. From there I will be back on the braid challenge and then bun challenge. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I'm going to try this braid challenge I need something to do with my hair these winter months. I'm to late?

No, it's not too late. Welcome aboard.
It's funny I started this challenge, yet i cannot find a salon that does the type of braids i want. :rofl:

CaramelHonee said:
No, it's not too late. Welcome aboard.
It's funny I started this challenge, yet i cannot find a salon that does the type of braids i want. :rofl:

What types of braids do you want, CaramelHonee?

Also, how do I let the braider(s) know I want to start off the cornrows with my own hair? Most of the ladies in the shop I go to can barely understand English. I'm afaid it'll take a long time to even get my point across. I do like the idea though. I didn't like all that tension on my hairline the last (and first) time I had cornrows.

Update- I think I'm going to keep my zillions in for at least another week through the second week in Feb. I think washing and conditioning them on a regular basis has helped make them last. Maybe I'll do a nice braid out for Valentine's Day after I take them out. My SO really likes my hair wild. Two weeks after that I'll be in cornrows again. I'm tempted to relax first, but I'll be strong and wait until April at least.

I want 2 strand flat twists.. nobody does that style anymore and i tried to do it myself but to no avail :(

Just ask the braider to start braiding with ur own hair first ... then add the synthetic hair. I've never had any problems whenever i ask to have this done. She just needs to know that she has to add a small amount of the synthetic so ur braid doesn't have a sloppy 'bump' . Lastly, this only works on small cornrows.

Helllllllloooooo fellow Braid Challengers!!! Who is still holding strong? If things continue to go well, June will make six months that I have been in braids and I can really see progress. If I'm able to stay on track, I should be very near waist length (as planned) by December.

Back