Chi Silk Fusion I bought the darn thing!

Its the best!!!

Where is my girl Navsegda at? After reading her review and seeing her hair which is beautiful. I bought it the same day. ANd I love it. I have the larger size but I want the smaller one too so I can carry it in my purse. :lol:

I use it to flat iron my hair it always comes out silky and never greasy no matter how much I use. Then I put it on like everyday with a lil jojoba oil. I like the smell. I just love it and I'm sure you will too,and there's no alcohol in it that will dry your hair out. I learned that from Navs too.:grin:

My samples came today!!! I can't wait to try it out. I'm going to use it on my NG when I relax and then when I flat iron. I hope this stuff is the truth like everyone is saying. :)

Ok, here's my review:

I used it three times last night. I darn near used the whole little trial bottle! :lol:

*I used it as a pre-treatment for my relaxer. I really can't comment on if it did anything or not, since this was my first time using this relaxer. My hair came out silky and straight enough so I'll probably keep using it like that.

*I used it before blowdrying. I applied Rusk leave in and then the CSI. My hair has a tendancy to blow dry very poofy, but it did get nice and sleek (well, as sleek as it can get with a blow dryer)

*I used it when I flat ironed, applying a tiny bit to each section. My hair and even my ends feel really silky. No shine though, which I was kind of hoping for. But overall, I'm satisified.

Will I buy the big one when my samples run out? Don't know. I kind of get the same results with Kenra Platinum Silkening Gloss, plus a nice shine. And that has silk protein as well. Maybe I'll try to mix the two. But again, I'm satisfied with my purchase. :)

Ok I finally used the darn thing!

My Review:
  • So... what I did was wash and condition my hair, then I applied the Chi Silk Fusion before I blowdried.
  • I didn't notice any benefits to using it for blow drying. My hair came out the same poofy mess it always does.
  • Then I applied to each section for flat ironing. Hmmm I think it actually did make a nice difference. It seemed to allow the flat iron to really work better to get my hair straight...it also seem to help with the actual hold of the curls I put in because I use my flat iron to straighten and then I curl the ends. It did not provide any shine nor added softness to my hair
  • Overall I think I liked it. I think it is a good heat protectant and it allows you to get the full benefit of the flat irons heat.
  • I will have to use it a few more times to really be sure though.
I'll post pics later....I'm at work now :look:

tetbelle said:
Ok I finally used the darn thing!

My Review:
  • So... what I did was wash and condition my hair, then I applied the Chi Silk Fusion before I blowdried.
  • I didn't notice any benefits to using it for blow drying. My hair came out the same poofy mess it always does.
  • Then I applied to each section for flat ironing. Hmmm I think it actually did make a nice difference. It seemed to allow the flat iron to really work better to get my hair straight...it also seem to help with the actual hold of the curls I put in because I use my flat iron to straighten and then I curl the ends. It did not provide any shine nor added softness to my hair
  • Overall I think I liked it. I think it is a good heat protectant and it allows you to get the full benefit of the flat irons heat.
  • I will have to use it a few more times to really be sure though.
I'll post pics later....I'm at work now :look:

Here is a pic
IMG_0567.jpg

Tet,

Your layers a BANGIN'!!

I may have to pay the hair lady a visit for some layers mysewf!!!:grin:

For those that use CSI b4 relaxers-

Try to order some 'pure' silk amino acids (SAA) from lotioncrafter.com

It is MUCH cheaper and get great results on retouches!

I don't know 'bout ya'll, but I'd rather use the CSI purely for flat-ironing/curling. $$$$$:look:

baglady215 said:
*I used it when I flat ironed, applying a tiny bit to each section. My hair and even my ends feel really silky. No shine though, which I was kind of hoping for. But overall, I'm satisified.

What do you mean no shine! I had it in my hand and put it back on the shelf :lol: I looked at the shelf just above it and remember that I had two bottles of the biosilk. I guess I will have to try it.

I think the chi is a keeper for me. I put in on my relaxed ends when i was retouching so i wouldn't damage them. It was only my second time self-relaxing. I was kinda slow so the back started to itch before i had finished with the front so i rubbed some chi into the part that was tingling and the tingling almost stopped. I guess the chi kinda diluted the relaxer. Anyway, i loved it coz it allowed me to finish without having to dance around like a fool, which i usually do coz i'm kinda sensitive. I will never relax without it.

growthbyforce said:
I think the chi is a keeper for me. I put in on my relaxed ends when i was retouching so i wouldn't damage them. It was only my second time self-relaxing. I was kinda slow so the back started to itch before i had finished with the front so i rubbed some chi into the part that was tingling and the tingling almost stopped. I guess the chi kinda diluted the relaxer. Anyway, i loved it coz it allowed me to finish without having to dance around like a fool, which i usually do coz i'm kinda sensitive. I will never relax without it.

I'll have to try it next time I relax. My scalp is so sensitive.

Guyaneek and AKA tude thanks for the compliment.

I just bought a 6oz for 19.90 on ebay. I'm not suppose to being using heat yet, so I'm just getting ready for summertime.

Okay, so yesterday I went to Ulta to purchase a chi flatiron and a 2oz. bottle of the silk infusion came with it. I washed and flatironed my hair with it and here are my results:

miscpics024.jpg

miscpics047.jpg

I have to say that I am very impressed. To me, it looks as if I came from the salon. I am soooo very pleased with CHI. BIG UPS TO NAVS for the recommendation. She gets 100 cool points from me:lol:

e$h said:
Okay, so yesterday I went to Ulta to purchase a chi flatiron and a 2oz. bottle of the silk infusion came with it. I washed and flatironed my hair with it and here are my results:

miscpics024.jpg

miscpics047.jpg

I have to say that I am very impressed. To me, it looks as if I came from the salon. I am soooo very pleased with CHI. BIG UPS TO NAVS for the recommendation. She gets 100 cool points from me:lol:

pretty!!!:)

Ive been using it on and off for 2 years off, it reallys makes my hair so soft, smooth and shiny.

e$h said:

miscpics024.jpg

miscpics047.jpg

Looks really nice. I'm going to airdry my hair today and then use the CHI silk fusion to flat iron to see what my results will be. It definately seems to make the flatironing come out better but I don't feel my hair was as soft as I like it when I was done. I was thinking maybe it's because I used too much last time because I used it before I blowdried and for each piece to flat iron so I am going to try this approach.

Did you blow dry then flat iron?
How did you use the product on each piece or just apply some to your whole head?

Thanks

Back