Child hair drama at the salon......I'm crying for the little girl

JLove74

So, here I sit at the salon waiting to get washed. I hear a little girl SCREAMING (you know the kind that makes your skin crawl). I look over and her mother is holding her head while the stylist is blowing it. Smoke coming from the blow dryer and the little girl screaming, crying and squir
ming in the chair. Damed near about to fall out. But mom is still holding on. It's like a tug of war. The stylist is looking at the mom kind of like "Can we stop now"? Other ladies have very :perplexed:perplexed looks on their faces too.

This is just all too much. Yes the heat is rough for some adults, but clearly, it's WAY to much for this little girl.:nono::nono:

*** VENT over***

motherx2esq

Okay the only time I held my daughter down was to get an IV. I would have pulled my daughter out of that chair! I do not play that. If the screaming didn't get me all of that darn smoke would have. I hate that smoke crap! Not cute!

TrustMeLove

Wow, this is ridiculous. This happened to me when I was little too. But, that was at the hospital and they were trying to give me a shot in my butt.

OOOOO Nooo buddy.

What type of phone do you have? lol At the salon on LHCF.

JLove74

Wow, this is ridiculous. This happened to me when I was little too. But, that was at the hospital and they were trying to give me a shot in my butt.

OOOOO Nooo buddy.

What type of phone do you have? lol At the salon on LHCF.

Girl, I ain't on my phone on my MacBook Air. :lachen:

TrustMeLove

Girl, I ain't on my phone on my MacBook Air. :lachen:

Ok..forgive the questions to come.

Wow. Didn't that just come out? You don't waste no time. lol
What type of salon do you go to that they have wireless internet? Or do you have one of those cards from verizon etc.?

Sweet.

SimpleKomplexity

OMG some people will do ANYTHING to "MAKE" their kids look "KUTE"! You know lil kids can't take all that!! I even cried one time when I was gettin a perm then had to put a LOT of spritz in my head and I was half way grown (or thought so lol)

PeggyFair

The stylist should be woman enough to tell the mother that she was not going to to continue to put that child through all that pain.

JustKiya

The stylist should be woman enough to tell the mother that she was not going to to continue to put that child through all that pain.

Seriously. I don't care HOW good of a tipper you are, there is NO good reason to torture a child in the name of 'cute'. Damn that ish. :nono:

BAP28

i agree what kind of stylist would sit and watch a little girl scream and cry in her chair and proceed to work on the childs hair--NO-NO
my ignant butt would have said something in general---not to the mother or the stylist but in general--that is terrible

the heat at the dom salons is too much for adults hair/head lord knows what this child iwas going through

Lady Esquire

Wow, just wow. SMDH. That is just straight BS. I have two daughters, and I would NOT want to subject them to that. I get the prettiest styles using the scarf method. Mom probably is torturing her little one to impress so and so at a function or something. That ain't nothing that a pretty bow can't solve.

Allandra

I've gotten my hair done at a Dominican salon three times. Those blow dryers are no joke. I have no intentions of going again.

It's a shame this mother put her daughter through such a terrible ordeal. She'll probably never want to go to the salon when she gets old enough to make her own decisions.

That would have made me so angry.

KathyMay

So, here I sit at the salon waiting to get washed. I hear a little girl SCREAMING (you know the kind that makes your skin crawl). I look over and her mother is holding her head while the stylist is blowing it. Smoke coming from the blow dryer and the little girl screaming, crying and squir
ming in the chair. Damed near about to fall out. But mom is still holding on. It's like a tug of war. The stylist is looking at the mom kind of like "Can we stop now"? Other ladies have very :perplexed:perplexed looks on their faces too.

This is just all too much. Yes the heat is rough for some adults, but clearly, it's WAY to much for this little girl.:nono::nono:

*** VENT over***

I am guilty of taking my daughter to the Dominican salon and having this happen, I did feel guilty about it now. She told me that she never ever wanted to go back there she liked her hair but we will never experience that again.

sr24

*** VENT over***

I kno she was in pain..It was painful for me and I was reading it....:nono:

Country gal

I heard the Dom Salon's used a lot of excessive heat. Brought back memories of me getting burned with a hot comb. I still flinch when stylists get to close.

mnemosyne

That's a shame. This kind of reminds me when i was doing my laundry two Mondays ago and this woman was braiding her little girl's (DRY) hair in individual braids about the size of two fingers. She had this tiny rattail comb and the girl was crying.

The mom said "Shh, you see the comb is too small, do you want to wait till I get home to do it?"

The girl said "no," but every time her mom would make a new part she'd start crying.

Mom's hair was nape length.

I was glad to leave once I put my clothes in the dryer. By the time I came back it was just the woman closing the place and me.

AsTheCurlzTurns

This is just so sad!! I wonder if the mom had ever had her hair done by them, maybe she would of thought TWICE about putting her child through that suffering.

AstroQueen77

I woulda told her I was going to call child services. See if that would make her stop.

Lets not get crazy now. I would have given the mom the side eye, but a child crying while getting her hair done is not grounds to call child services and have a mother risk losing her child....

Allandra

That's a shame. This kind of reminds me when i was doing my laundry two Mondays ago and this woman was braiding her little girl's (DRY) hair in individual braids about the size of two fingers. She had this tiny rattail comb and the girl was crying.

The mom said "Shh, you see the comb is too small, do you want to wait till I get home to do it?"

The girl said "no," but every time her mom would make a new part she'd start crying.

Mom's hair was nape length.

I was glad to leave once I put my clothes in the dryer. By the time I came back it was just the woman closing the place and me.
I've never heard of nape length. :ohwell:

JustKiya

Lets not get crazy now. I would have given the mom the side eye, but a child crying while getting her hair done is not grounds to call child services and have a mother risk losing her child....

:look:

I dunno know. A burn is a burn - whether it's done with a cigarette in anger, or with a hairdryer in 'love'.