Church etiquette

Nice & Wavy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ydxgcS0pyU&feature=related

I'm starting this thread to have a real conversation about church etiquette. I rarely start threads but after viewing this youtube video I wondered the role of the church leaders.

Do you think the leaders should have asked her to sit?
Leaders should see what people want to do in advance before going before the church. What this lady did had many wrong moves to the point of "what"?

Just because people sing or say the name of Jesus, doesn't mean a thing...as you can see. Your life must reflect Him by your actions.

Why is she doing splits in a church?:nono:

Someone should had reviewed her performance. That was unnecessary and utterly wrong. I don't know what else to say.

Detroit2Dallas

LOL, I posted this a while ago in offtopic and didnt bother asking about the actual act in itself. My answer is yes she should have been set down. The altar is a place for worship not for disorder. Not saying that she is demon possessed but you have demonic spirits that love to be the center of attention and "perform". This lady was out of line and she made a mockery of the sacredness of that house. Heres my question, God is not the author of confusion, so ask yourself did you understand what she was doing an/or why? I dont care about hurt feelings. There was a girl who performed a praise dance to somesoulja boy song, she just took the rap out and I most def said something to her, she had her feelings hurt but people have to be TAUGHT and CHASTISED (not in a nasty way) when they are out of order how else would any of us know. God's dwelling place on earth is really supposed to be imitating heavenly activities, which is why in the old testament when they built the temple it was very specific down to the smallest of details and full of O-R-D-E-R.

onyxdreams

LOL, I posted this a while ago in offtopic and didnt bother asking about the actual act in itself. My answer is yes she should have been set down. The altar is a place for worship not for disorder. Not saying that she is demon possessed but you have demonic spirits that love to be the center of attention and "perform". This lady was out of line and she made a mockery of the sacredness of that house. Heres my question, God is not the author of confusion, so ask yourself did you understand what she was doing an/or why? I dont care about hurt feelings. There was a girl who performed a praise dance to somesoulja boy song, she just took the rap out and I most def said something to her, she had her feelings hurt but people have to be TAUGHT and CHASTISED (not in a nasty way) when they are out of order how else would any of us know. God's dwelling place on earth is really supposed to be imitating heavenly activities, which is why in the old testament when they built the temple it was very specific down to the smallest of details and full of O-R-D-E-R.[/QUOTE

I total understand your question ,it mirrors my own. If this was a newly saved member of even a member that has been around the performance was inappropriate. The leaders should have stopped her and even those members egging her on. When reading the comments from YouTube some people insisted that this was her way of rejoicing and therefore shouldn't be judged

Another thing, is it right that this member recorded and posted this on YouTube? Can you imagine someone recording and posting your testimony? I can see some newbies be owing jaded or unwilling to testify.

Last edited: