Think I'm having an allergic reaction

Shinka

to my last touch up.

So I've been natural since November 07. I relaxed with ORS the end of March, and Touched up at 7 weeks in May. My scalp keeps itching since the touch up a week and half ago.

I have CO washed, shampooed with clarify and ORS aloe shampoo ( which also a neutralizer). I probably have washed my hair about 7 times since then to try to help this itchiness. I deep conditioned and rollerset yesterday with Lekair.

I oil massaged my scalp, I greased it yesterday with castor oil. Still itching.

I don't know what to do. teh onyl product I used our of my regimen was the relaxer. I think is an allergic reaction. I started getting scalp reactions about 2 years ago when I was pregnant to human hair. ( this is why braids are a no no now). I never had one to a relaxer or any other product.

Any suggestions on how I can stop the itching. My next step is some Dr. Bronners peppermint shampoo, but I'm afraid it may aggravate it.hmmm I do have some ACV too.

Help please, these itchies ( especially at the nape...the part I relaxed last... is killing me)

Shinka

Thank You. I didn't think of Benadryl. Off to CVS to buy some...I need to find a BSS soon for the tea tree oil.

OMG its irritating. I have little bumps.. So Sad..Me and my hair.

ajoyfuljoy

I have no tips but I do hope you get your situation on lock down! I imagine that must be annoying and a little scary. Benadryl does seem like a good first step though :yep:

InnerSoul

I second that witch hazel!!! That stuff works wonders on itchy scalp. I put mine in a small spray bottle and add a drop of listerine (kills bacteria) and shake and then spray throughout my scalp. Also rubbing a little peppermint essential oil (must be mixed with a carrier oil) into your scalp will help relieve much itchyness.

Also Aphoghee keratin and green tea spray feels so good on your scalp when your scalp is dry and irritated. I use this and love it... more like I am addicted to the smell of this.:lick: HTH!

shmmr

I would be hesitant to put anything else on your scalp. Have you noticed any bumps or other surface reaction (have someone else look if necessary)?

Did you have any reaction the first time you used the ORS in March?

Did you have any reaction in any other body part that the relaxer cream touched (like maybe if you got some on your hands or arm)?

My official vote - I think you should go to a dermatologist.