Co washers!! Is it ok to use ACV rinses or baking soda rinses

leleepop

to replace your shampoo? I seem to be getting buildup from my shampoo and was wondering is ACV and/or baking soda rinses are good enough to get rid of bulidup from cones. I love my cones so I cant completely eliminate all of them.TIA:)

Cichelle

Depends on which cones. For the most part, the answer is no. But there are water soluble cones.

It's rare that I hear about build up from a shampoo. What makes you think it is your shampoo that is causing build up and not some other thing...like the cones? Just curious. Which shampoo are you using and which cones?

leleepop

I use CON and ubh lotion creme....dimenthicone is basically the only one. I also use fantasia IC sparkillette gel etc. Most of my staple products have the dimenthicone....I also think this cone is water soluble so I thought that ACV or BAking soda was alright but didnt know for sure.... What do yall think? and bumping!!!

Last edited:

sareca

I've never done baking soda rinses, but I have done ACV rinses. I've never used them to replace my poo tho. I don't even use them to clarify. I use ACV to correct porosity problems and reduce the PH of my hair and that's it.

Ebonygurl00

Dimethicone is not water-soluble. This cone will start building up, and eventually dry your hair out. You should use shampoo to get it out.

testimony777

Ebonygurl00 said:
Dimethicone is not water-soluble. This cone will start building up, and eventually dry your hair out. You should use shampoo to get it out.

I second this. ACV rinses will not remove non -water soluble cones. The way you can identify a water soluble cone is by the notation Peg followed by a number after (sometimes before) the cone. It would read something like dimethicone PEG 30.

leleepop

Thanks Ladies I guess I will start using a different shampoo, or dilluting the 1 I have.

Radianthealth

I don't know if this clarifies...but I use about a tablespoon of baking soda in my Cream of Nature shampoo with a little bit of peppermint oil, this makes my scalp feel really clean and gets rid of any buildup

gn1g

testimony777 said:
I second this. ACV rinses will not remove non -water soluble cones. The way you can identify a water soluble cone is by the notation Peg followed by a number after (sometimes before) the cone. It would read something like dimethicone PEG 30.

Is there one product that wil remove all types of cones build up?