Coarse Strands...Possibly Scab Hair???

Nita81

I noticed that when I flatiron my hair there are a few coarse feeling strands around the root area. Is that scab hair? What can I do to smooth that out? Thanks in advance.

SparklingFlame

Nita, you know you aint got no scab hair!! :lachen:

Seriously though, it may be some of your strands are really course and the ones that you speak of are of the wiry type. I have a lot of those that look like they dont match my hair.

This is just an idea. :look:

gymfreak336

Seriously though, it may be some of your strands are really course and the ones that you speak of are of the wiry type. I have a lot of those that look like they dont match my hair.

Maybe that is it...

Nita81

Oh ok I'm like what's going on :lachen:

aloof one

Some are broken off and some are rough at the root and smooth past that point.

Wow. That is weird. You know sometimes hormones and other things just change how our hair comes out of our head. Like how babies come out with one hair and become kids with different hair who are teenagers with different hair from that.

Like how when people get gray hair it is thicker, stronger, more wirey than their hair before that.