Coffee Oil Question

deborah11

I made some coffee oil because it is supposed to help with shedding. Can you massage coffee oil on the scalp and leave it on the scalp without rinsing or should you rinse it off the scalp after a couple of minutes? Does anyone on the board use coffee oil? How do you use it? What has been your experience? Did it help to abate hair shedding? Thank you for your responses.

faithVA

deborah11, I don't have the answer to your question. I do have a question for you. How did you make your coffee oil? I have some extra coffee and would like to give it a try. tia

winona

[USER=16 said:
deborah11[/USER];14991335]I made some coffee oil because it is supposed to help with shedding. Can you massage coffee oil on the scalp and leave it on the scalp without rinsing or should you rinse it off the scalp after a couple of minutes? Does anyone on the board use coffee oil? How do you use it? What has been your experience? Did it help to abate hair shedding? Thank you for your responses.

Yes I have left it on my scalp before with no problems. I experienced less shredding when I did this. The only reason I stopped was I didn't have time to properly infuse the oil with school. From what I have read some people scalp are finicky so I would test it out in a small area first:grin:

[USER=292332 said:
faithVA[/USER];14991575]deborah11, I don't have the answer to your question. I do have a question for you. How did you make your coffee oil? I have some extra coffee and would like to give it a try. tia

I set my crockpot with oil and herbs to low for 8hrs. Once oil has cooled I transfer the oil to a mason jar for 4 weeks. After the 4 weeks are up I strain the oil and have a pretty potent infused oil:)

deborah11

deborah11, I don't have the answer to your question. I do have a question for you. How did you make your coffee oil? I have some extra coffee and would like to give it a try. tia

Faith,

I placed 2 cups of EVOO and 2 oz of roasted coffee beans in my small crock pot and cooked on low for 12 hours. I strained to remove coffee beans and small particles from concoction and placed the oil in storage bottle. I tried a small bit of the product on the front, top protion of my hair and felt a mild stinging sensation for about 5-10 minutes. I did not rinse the oil out. Will see if it helps with shedding .

faithVA

Faith,

I placed 2 cups of EVOO and 2 oz of roasted coffee beans in my small crock pot and cooked on low for 12 hours. I strained to remove coffee beans and small particles from concoction and placed the oil in storage bottle. I tried a small bit of the product on the front, top protion of my hair and felt a mild stinging sensation for about 5-10 minutes. I did not rinse the oil out. Will see if it helps with shedding .

Thanks. I may try it

greenandchic

Faith,

faithVA
That's pretty much how I make mine. I grind my coffee before infusing it - not sure how others do it.

I also strain it through a napkin to make it smooth.

I don't rinse it out.

deborah11 - It does help with the shedding, but consistency is the key for me. I massage my scalp with it every other day.

faithVA

@faithVA
That's pretty much how I make mine. I grind my coffee before infusing it - not sure how others do it.

I also strain it through a napkin to make it smooth.

I don't rinse it out.

@deborah11 - It does help with the shedding, but consistency is the key for me. I massage my scalp with it every other day.

Thanks that is very helpful. Maybe I will infuse some castor oil so I can use it with the castor oil challenge. Maybe I will just do 1 cup to start with.