**COFFEE RINSERS AND SHEDDING***

JuicesN'Berries

Hi ladies, I was wondering if those of you using a coffee rinse have noticed a decline in shedding....I have seen reference to it in a number of threads but I wanted to know if the new users (and old) are experiencing significantly less shedding. TIA

guyanesesista

The only person I can think of in reference to that is Bronzebombshell. I'll see about that this weekend when I wash and report back.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Thanks GSista~

True, i've experienced less shedding with a simple coffee rinse after co-washing....it's a miracle, really.

phyl73

I'm trying this this weekend. Not for shedding, but because I love coffee. Maybe this will help me to cut down on the amount of coffee I drink daily.

Tamrin

unapologetic
Ladies Coffee rinses are nothing new. It does prevent shedding. My crazy aunt from canada used to do them all the time. She had beautiful long thick natural hair. My mom forbade me from letting folks(family or not) do my hair as kid. I remember mom saying her concoction stunk. But now I remember what she used. It was all good. Here it is. Coffee brewed ground left in she added ACV and JBCO let it sit and rinse it off condition as usual. Basically she was doing a lot of things in one shot.

I have been shedding less due to my rinses. Im going to hook myself up with some of Aunt Jocelyn concoction this weekend.

DarkHair

I've noticed that I have a lot less shedding with the coffee rinse. The heavens have rained down on my head.

luckiestdestiny

co sign to less shedding, though I haven't had much hair fall since I've been adding lots of moisture (my hair needs it) over the past year...it's still less than usual with the coffee rinse.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

i think i'd like to use 4 scoops of coffee, 2tbslpns amla, maka, brahmi in 8 cups of water, rinse, baggy for at least 4 hours...refrigerate the rest....how's that sound?

Keen

once you try it, you'll be hooked...i just got my hair done, so it'll be a week before i try it...i have amazing progress my hair is growin like weeds! YAAAAY!

Look Missy, you got me hooked on that shake. My nails are growing so fast I have to trim them every other week. Now, I'm putting Coffee rinse on my list :wallbash:

guyanesesista

once you try it, you'll be hooked...i just got my hair done, so it'll be a week before i try it...i have amazing progress my hair is growin like weeds! YAAAAY!

I've always wanted to try it but I don't know where to start and I have some stuff that I use right now like my homemade shampoo and keracare humecto. They work but the keracare is so expensive. I need to find alternatives. As for the homemade shampoo, it makes my hair feel great. When I use other shampoos my hair feels different and when I go back it's greatness all over again. I think I want to try an ayurvedic conditioner that can leave my hair soft and won't be too expensive. Does that exist? I'll probably gradually switch to ayurvedic.

What ayurvedic products do you use Bronze?

Lebiya

shedding, growth, whatever else this thing is good for, what rings a bell is the 37% increase longer growth cycle, gotta try this on the week-end!

Coffee

I tried the coffee rinse last night and it worked! A lot less hair today on the counter and in my comb!! I will continue to use this rinse.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I totally agree : coffee rinse for color, strength and growth! Simple and easy.

Do ya'll rinse the coffee out after doing the rinse, or like a tea rinse, do you keep the coffee in the hair? Does your hair smell like coffee?

I mixed coffee in my deep conditioner, and I could tell the difference right away... ;)

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

i rinse with coffee, but i baggie for 3 hours or so...then rinse. i put coffee in spray bottle and spritz my scalp with it "coffee tonic." just straight coffee for now, nothing added. i will eventually add ayurvedic powders to my mix....

Crown

Do ya'll rinse the coffee out after doing the rinse, or like a tea rinse, do you keep the coffee in the hair? Does your hair smell like coffee?

I mixed coffee in my deep conditioner, and I could tell the difference right away... ;)

Coffee rinse, followed after a few minutes by a tea rinse, no odor, I don't like to smell : coffee.

ebonylocs

shedding, growth, whatever else this thing is good for, what rings a bell is the 37% increase longer growth cycle, gotta try this on the week-end!
Well, longer growth cycle = less shedding. It's all interlinked. From what I read, as a separate effect it actually stimulates the growth rate too. Don't know if that's true or not.