Color, Color, Color... Come see new pics...

nfynit_812

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
Thanks ladies!

Nyfnit: Yes, I love the color and this is exactly what I wanted. I consulted with one of the LHCF colorist, Tracy, and she helped me with my questions.

Noni: Yeah, my real pony does look like a fake on my pics. You are too funny

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really pretty...when my hair grows long, it wants to be just like your hair LOL!

G

I just love your hair. It always looks so healthy. It's so shiney, the color looks good, it looks like pure silk. Are you sure you are a kitch tician.... Girl that is some pretty hair.

NYCQT16

Natural Again
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous...ur ponytail is like my dream pony
<---instead of beer it's your ponytail

jainygirl

Kit, i LOVE your new hair pics!!
that color looks great on your and your hair is beautiful. This color looks really good on you
-- jainygirl

ElecEngnr

Absolutely amazing, you do a great job on your hair.

How did you do the color, did you just part your hair from ear to ear and color just the front part?

kitchen_tician

Thanks Ladies, you all are making me blush and grin real hard.

Shatani: I'm just going to leave the top colored. The color blends better when it's straighter. I'll post more pics as my curls 'fall'.

Reginia: Yeah, I'm only a kitchen_tician
, but my 2nd profession of choice would be a 'healthy hair beautician'

Kha

[ QUOTE ]
nonie said:
OK, when you take off that pretty glossy wig or fake pony, how does your hair really look? No, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that's the same thing I was thinking when I first saw her hair. K...your hair is gorgeous and that color is soooo pretty! You need to send those pics to Clairol so you can be one of the hair models for real.

kitchen_tician

COLORING TECHNIQUES

Okay ladies, this is what I did:

1. I parted my hair from ear to ear, then put conditioner in the back section and put it in a pony tail for protection.

2. I didn’t color the front portion all at once. I parted my front portion in sections, going (north/south; front/back). This way I would be able to alternate applying the color on the sections.

3. I would put the sections I didn’t want colored in braided Bantu knots with bands and conditioner.

(all of the above was done before mixing the ingredients)

4. Apply color (may use applicator brush or fingers) Don't use metal items (bowl, comb, clips, etc)

FRONT - - - BACK
<font color="red"> 00000 </font> ---- P T
00000 ---- O A
<font color="red"> 00000 </font> ---- N I
00000 ---- Y L

I had about 4 rows of color. (Does this make any sense?)

These are home coloring techniques and I’m sure any professional would whip me for all of this extra work. I didn’t use a streaking/highlighting cap, because I’m very tenderheaded and it hurts when I pull my hair through the cap. Yeah, I’ve tried making the holes bigger.

5. I also sat under the dryer for about 20 minutes to make the color lift faster. I left the color on for about 30 minutes. The directions say 20.
Keep checking the color. (take a paper towel and wipe the hair to see the color)

6. I followed with poo and the conditioner provided. I then used ION’s Effective protein treatment and left it on for about 30 minutes, rinsed and then continued with normal hair-tine.

I just colored the top portion, so when it's down, it gives the appearance of more color coverage, without all the color.

Thanks again ladies for the nice compliments.

sengschick

The Bun Master
Absolutely beautiful my dear
!!! I love the color and as usual you're blinding me with the shine!!!

note to self: see Kitchen_tician's hair-tine!

Eclipse

Your hair looks really good!
I love your color and the shine almost blinded me!

I've never been that much into color but your pics are making me have second thoughts....