coloring/dying wigs

Evolving78

has anyone ever colored a human hair wig before? do you color it the same way you color your own hair? how do you get the best results? colored it with dark hair color before?

i got another question
for people with little shaped heads, where do you get your wigs from? how do you not look like one of the Supremes? wigs always give me that look or i end up looking like Lil Kim. the lady at the wig shop told me that she could order a petite one for me, but they cost a lot more since they are higher end.

Last edited:

LadyPaniolo

I'm also interested in dying a human hair wig... I got one on clearance that is just too red for my tastes. I wanted auburn and got Bozo. I want to dye it a little darker *without* dying the lace at the front. Hopefully one of the wig divas will chime in.

Oh, as far as a petite wig, have you tried getting a 3/4 wig, shortdub? The Instant Weave line has some 3/4 wigs that fit me like full wigs...

Evolving78

^^^^thank you! i will look into that. i did a search on coloring wigs and it stated to just color the wig like you would your on hair. if i find the info again i will pm you the link. they did state to use a water proof wig stand (will make it easier) use an applicator brush and a fine comb to come color in (to distribute the color better)