Combination of Candy_C/Shima methods......

fancypants007

I believe will help me accomplish my hair goals. Right now I am at the bottom of brastrap (just recently got it trimmed) and starting this week I am doing Cherie methods combined with Shima's protective styles. I love Cherie's methods. I did a powder tonic rinse using bhringraj powder with shikakai/brahmi/amla and my hair was soooooo moisturised. I LOVE these powders. I do my hair twice a week to get the benefits of the powders. So after oiling and detangling my hair/doing scalp massage/powder tonic rinse/deep condition etc. After I'm finish, I let my hair air dry and then I saturate my hair with oil by massaging it into my hair. I need to make sure my hair is thoroughly moisturized because I won't be taking it down every night. This is new for me. I've wore my hair in a bun for the past 2 years and I always took my hair down every day to remoistuze. Well now I will be letting it alone until next wash day. Shima suggest to keep hair in protective style for two weeks, but I will only be doing it for 3-4 days because I want to contine to use the powders because they are sooooooo GOOD. I will remoisture around the hairline every day and where my hair is dry and I also will be putting mahbhringeraj oil on my scalp every PM. The only bad thing is I won't be able to massage my scalp, but it's all good. Hopefully, I will accumulate some nice growth. I will be putting cornrows in my hair around the end of March and I will keep them for about 3 months. I'm trying to get 2-3 inches by June because I want to wear my hair down for a few days for a special event. Then I will go back to this regime of washing twice a week using Cherie methods, and leaving my hair alone by doing protective styles following Shima's methods until next wash day. I am trying to get to mid back and I need about 4 inches and 6-7 inches to get to waist length. I am documenting my progress. I had my husband take pictures of my hair soaking with oil before my powder tonic rinse yesterday. I will take more pictures and I will post them one day. The other pictures I took the film got ruined (yes I know i need to invest in a digital camera) but I will let everyone know soon how my hair is progressing. Can you tell I'm excited! I am

BrooklynSouth

I believe will help me accomplish my hair goals. Right now I am at the bottom of brastrap (just recently got it trimmed) and starting this week I am doing Cherie methods combined with Shima's protective styles. I love Cherie's methods. I did a powder tonic rinse using bhringraj powder with shikakai/brahmi/amla and my hair was soooooo moisturised. I LOVE these powders. I do my hair twice a week to get the benefits of the powders. So after oiling and detangling my hair/doing scalp massage/powder tonic rinse/deep condition etc. After I'm finish, I let my hair air dry and then I saturate my hair with oil by massaging it into my hair. I need to make sure my hair is thoroughly moisturized because I won't be taking it down every night. This is new for me. I've wore my hair in a bun for the past 2 years and I always took my hair down every day to remoistuze. Well now I will be letting it alone until next wash day. Shima suggest to keep hair in protective style for two weeks, but I will only be doing it for 3-4 days because I want to contine to use the powders because they are sooooooo GOOD. I will remoisture around the hairline every day and where my hair is dry and I also will be putting mahbhringeraj oil on my scalp every PM. The only bad thing is I won't be able to massage my scalp, but it's all good. Hopefully, I will accumulate some nice growth. I will be putting cornrows in my hair around the end of March and I will keep them for about 3 months. I'm trying to get 2-3 inches by June because I want to wear my hair down for a few days for a special event. Then I will go back to this regime of washing twice a week using Cherie methods, and leaving my hair alone by doing protective styles following Shima's methods until next wash day. I am trying to get to mid back and I need about 4 inches and 6-7 inches to get to waist length. I am documenting my progress. I had my husband take pictures of my hair soaking with oil before my powder tonic rinse yesterday. I will take more pictures and I will post them one day. The other pictures I took the film got ruined (yes I know i need to invest in a digital camera) but I will let everyone know soon how my hair is progressing. Can you tell I'm excited! I am

Do you know Shima's history on this board???:lachen:

WomanlyCharm

Following Shima's method? OMG.:lachen:Please be careful.
You're gonna need alot of brown hair gel...:nono:

Many people don't take her seriously since "ShimaGate" erupted on the board.
She was tore up, tore down and turned OUT by these LHCF ladies! :blush:

I was rolling when I saw this thread title. I'm having ShimGate flashbacks. :rofl:

Fancypants007, looking forward to seeing pics!

Nita81

Lmao@ Shima.....I can still hear her voice from that stupid video(youtube I think) brown gel and curling irons.....sizzle! :lachen:

Sly

careful. be very careful. :laugh:

MissMusic

Fancy wrote that she's gonna use Shima's protective styles and Candie C's regimen/advice. Sounds like a good plan, just substitue Shima's bad products and heat for Candie C's methods and you should survive!

PinkPeony

Fancy wrote that she's gonna use Shima's protective styles and Candie C's regimen/advice. Sounds like a good plan, just substitue Shima's bad products and heat for Candie C's methods and you should survive!
Yeah but whar kind of protective styles can Shima possible have that haven't been here first?
Buns,braids,weaves,twists.twistouts?
If there is something new I'd like to know too.

fancypants007

Do you know Shima's history on this board???:lachen:

Yes I am aware of Shima's history. I know she tried to promote herself and take the market sort of speak as if she was instrumental in helping alot of ladies her on the forum to grow their hair long which I know was an untruth. However, when I purchased her dvd and saw how long her hair is, as the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding; so she must be doing something right!

I only posted this thread to share my personal challenge to employ Cherie and Shima's methods to help me accomplish my goal which is longer hair and many of you have responded negatively because of Shima but I will not let that discourage me. If you remember, Cathy Howse had a similiar attitude. She thought she was the only one that knew how to grow texture hair. She spoke against Wanakee who was the very first one that grew her hair waist length. Wanakee also was the first one that introduced the protective style craze. So yes I know what Shima did, but I'm looking at the end result. Her hair is very long. The first time I saw Shima's hair commercial I could tell her hair was oily, so I want to see if possible I can grow my hair a few more inches by keeping it moist with oil. I'm not going to hold this against Shima because of her overzealous, competitive spirit which caused her to make a mistake and hopefully she has learned from her mistake. However, I will give her methods a try, to see if using oil in my hair does work, if it doesn't I will stop. Shima says she uses Wonder 8 hair oil and many ladies her on the forum speaks very highly of this brand of oil.

I believe to each their own. For 2 years I kept my hair moisturized with my homemade braid spray and it stayed wet most of the time. Well I want to try oil as a moisturiser to see how this will contribute to hair growth. The reason why I'm so excited about keeping my hair moisturised by using oil is because I remember this girl that I grew up with whose hair was very long and thick. Then her hair started to break off and it became very thin I mean really thin. After about a year, when I saw her again, her hair had grown back and it was long and thick again. My friend who was married to her brother, told me that she had so much grease in her hair. So it just got me wondering, is it oil that promotes hair growth? Well I'm trying a little experiment you could say to prove if it is true for the next several months. Like I said, my hair has been wet most of the time with moisturising spray and I can honestly say this has given me some good growth, but now I'm going to try Shima's protective styles using lots and lots of oil to keep it moist to see if I can grow my hair longer. I will continue to document and keep everyone posted.

MzOptimistic

OMG:perplexed When I read this thread, I was thinking to self. SHIMA'S protective styling methods???????:lachen: Hayl, we been doing those protective styles BEFORE she joined this board. Okay, that's it. I'm ghost:rolleyes:

MzOptimistic

Yes I am aware of Shima's history. I know she tried to promote herself and take the market sort of speak as if she was instrumental in helping alot of ladies her on the forum to grow their hair long which I know was an untruth. However, when I purchased her dvd and saw how long her hair is, as the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding; so she must be doing something right!

I only posted this thread to share my personal challenge to employ Cherie and Shima's methods to help me accomplish my goal which is longer hair and many of you have responded negatively because of Shima but I will not let that discourage me. If you remember, Cathy Howse had a similiar attitude. She thought she was the only one that knew how to grow texture hair. She spoke against Wanakee who was the very first one that grew her hair waist length. Wanakee also was the first one that introduced the protective style craze. So yes I know what Shima did, but I'm looking at the end result. Her hair is very long. The first time I saw Shima's hair commercial I could tell her hair was oily, so I want to see if possible I can grow my hair a few more inches by keeping it moist with oil. I'm not going to hold this against Shima because of her overzealous, competitive spirit which caused her to make a mistake and hopefully she has learned from her mistake. However, I will give her methods a try, to see if using oil in my hair does work, if it doesn't I will stop. Shima says she uses Wonder 8 hair oil and many ladies her on the forum speaks very highly of this brand of oil.

I believe to each their own. For 2 years I kept my hair moisturized with my homemade braid spray and it stayed wet most of the time. Well I want to try oil as a moisturiser to see how this will contribute to hair growth. The reason why I'm so excited about keeping my hair moisturised by using oil is because I remember this girl that I grew up with whose hair was very long and thick. Then her hair started to break off and it became very thin I mean really thin. After about a year, when I saw her again, her hair had grown back and it was long and thick again. My friend who was married to her brother, told me that she had so much grease in her hair. So it just got me wondering, is it oil that promotes hair growth? Well I'm trying a little experiment you could say to prove if it is true for the next several months. Like I said, my hair has been wet most of the time with moisturising spray and I can honestly say this has given me some good growth, but now I'm going to try Shima's protective styles using lots and lots of oil to keep it moist to see if I can grow my hair longer. I will continue to document and keep everyone posted.

If you want to incorporate Candy_C and Shima's methods together. Do you:yep: but plz do not use that brown gel or curling irons and honestly Shima protective styles aint no different from what we do, as a matter of fact, they're the styles we have been doing. And, we're not trying to come down on you or anything we just don't want you to have any setbacks. (((hugs))) and yes oil does help grow your hair. I don't want to appear negative to you and if I am I'm sorry that is not my intention.

Last edited:

fancypants007

If you want to incorporate Candy_C and Shima's methods together. Do you:yep: but plz do not use that brown gel or curling irons and honestly Shima protective styles aint no different from what we do, as a matter of fact, they're the styles we have been doing. And, we're not trying to come down on you or anything we just don't want you to have any setbacks. (((hugs))) and yes oil does help grow your hair. I don't want to appear negative to you and if I am I'm sorry that is not my intention.

I appreciate your response. I know that protective styles are mentioned here on this forum and Wanakee was the first one that introduced "protective styles" not Shima and I understand all that. But Shima is the one who says before putting your hair in a protective style put enough oil in your hair to last for 2 weeks. Wanakee also used oil, but you used it to press/flat iron your hair and then you put your hair in a protective style. So here I am putting so much oil in my hair before putting it in a protective style which is Shima's method. I know Adrienne used the baggie method to keep hair moist and many have followed her and got great hair results. I never did that with my protective styles. My hair would primarily be wet/moist when I put it in a bun for 2 years. So this is new for me because I have never used so much oil in my hair but I'm experimenting to see how it will work for me. I am not using the brown gel nor the curling iron. I'm just trying to keep my hair moisturised using oil not water without taking it down everyday to see if it produces hair growth. Time will tell. Thank you for your concern because trust me, I do not want a hair setback!

LadyPaniolo

I've wondered about this Shima... having seen fleeting references to her on this board... can anyone bump a thread to get a sista up to date?

I looked at her website... is this poor woman's name HIROSHIMA?!? :nono: OMG

PinkSkates

Congratulations Fancypants, it sound like your hair is very pretty and you already have it at BSL so you're doing something right. Follow whomever methods work for your hair. And I don't care if the devil himself introduced protective styles if it works for my hair I'm using it. Good luck with your hair journey.

Forbidden

Congratulations Fancypants, it sound like your hair is very pretty and you already have it at BSL so you're doing something right. Follow whomever methods work for your hair. And I don't care if the devil himself introduced protective styles if it works for my hair I'm using it. Good luck with your hair journey.

:lachen:Indeed.

WomanlyCharm

Nope...it's her assistant!:lachen:
And I thought I was bad! :blush:

Fancypants, I didn't mean for you to take my post as negative towards you. That wasn't my intention at all. :sad: I hope using Shima's methods work out for you, although many have serious doubts that they will. I do know Cancy C's methods have been proven in real life time and time again.

Sorry I can't bump threads for anyone wanting to read about the past history...they were so out of control at the end, they went to thread heaven.

Hil84figer

OMG:perplexed When I read this thread, I was thinking to self. SHIMA'S protective styling methods???????:lachen: Hayl, we been doing those protective styles BEFORE she joined this board. Okay, that's it. I'm ghost:rolleyes:

T you are me are ----------->here<---------------------------

MzOptimistic

I appreciate your response. I know that protective styles are mentioned here on this forum and Wanakee was the first one that introduced "protective styles" not Shima and I understand all that. But Shima is the one who says before putting your hair in a protective style put enough oil in your hair to last for 2 weeks. Wanakee also used oil, but you used it to press/flat iron your hair and then you put your hair in a protective style. So here I am putting so much oil in my hair before putting it in a protective style which is Shima's method. I know Adrienne used the baggie method to keep hair moist and many have followed her and got great hair results. I never did that with my protective styles. My hair would primarily be wet/moist when I put it in a bun for 2 years. So this is new for me because I have never used so much oil in my hair but I'm experimenting to see how it will work for me. I am not using the brown gel nor the curling iron. I'm just trying to keep my hair moisturised using oil not water without taking it down everyday to see if it produces hair growth. Time will tell. Thank you for your concern because trust me, I do not want a hair setback!

I have baggied my ends with profective healthy ends and black castor oil for two years and it has helped grow my hair to the length I am at now. I see your point. I will admit I only wear my hair in a ponytail lightly pulled back with my ends baggied and I'm tired of wearing it like that but it's getting me closer and closer to my goal:yep:. I'll tell you something else too. I actually joined Shima's lil club and I was going to purchase her dvd and books until I went to her site and saw that she put LHCF testimonals on her page, ( they weren't even testimonals, Shima chopped the posts up to her own satisfaction) saying the women here hair grew because of her. I didn't think that was right for her to do that but she did apologize so it's all good now. I guess:look: Bottom line, if you want to purchase her dvd. Purchase it! and let us know how it goes:grin:

Last edited:

fancypants007

Many that responded to my post, I was not saying that you responded to me negative so there is no need to apologize, but my post received negative feedback because I mentioned Shima. I did purchase her dvd and I was quite impressed because I did not realize how long her hair really is. I am not promoting Shima nor any of her products, but I'm saying I want to try her protective style method using oil to see if it works. Perhaps if I rephrased my post to say..... Combination of Candy_C/Protective Style methods..... my post would probably have been way different.