Complains About Hair....ignores Your Advice

BGT

So I'm a natural problem solver; I'm not someone you vent to, I try to actually fix your problem. One of my friends has been natural for 2 years and hates her hair. She thinks it's nappy, tangled and a mess. I've asked her if she ever gets it straightened so she can get a nice trim; she says no. I ask if I can straighten it (so I can trim it), she says no. I ask if she tries doing twist outs, braid outs (it's probably APL), she says no. Weave? No. Braids? No.

I tried telling her about washing her hair in sections; ignored my advice. Tried to tell her about LOCS (because she complains that her hair is dry); didn't respond. I tried to tell her the difference between a moisturizing and sealing oil and how she needs to seal. She says her hair feels moisturized enough with the one oil. I say she should go to Whole Foods for pure oils; she says she'll go to the BSS and get oils because she did not need "pure oils".

Ok.....but when you say you're about to get a perm, I'm gonna tell you to go ahead and do it. :look:

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
I had a friend sort of like this but not as bad. I tried to help her but she wouldn't listen and was skeptical of my advice. o_O. I took the hint and I learned quickly to just sit back and listen and let my words be few. Now I just sympathize with her situation rather than give her advice. She ended up going to a natural hair convention and got good advice and products there. So maybe she needed to hear it from someone else.

In my newly natural days I was excited to give people advice. Ppl wouldn't listen or want to put the effort in so I learned quickly. Lol. Now that I have the hair to back it up, they come to me. I keep it short with them. :)