I had to fight my mom to do her hair

Not really fight... more like whine continuously.
So I've been trying to get my mom to start caring more about her hair. She kinda has really badly damaged hair, especially in the nape area. She's relaxed btw. So, I decided, maybe with some good TLC from her beloved daughter :wink2: she'd like the results and would want to take more care of her mane.

I wasn't planning to try today to do her hair, especially since I have to study for upcoming SATs. However, I just walked into her room and saw her with her head against a pillow with no satin/silk protection and thought "that's it." So I said "Mommy, let me wash your hair"

"No"

"When's the last time you washed it?"

"A week or so ago"

*touches her hair* "Mommy, it's greasy."

"Well, I used YOUR oils."

"Did you spray anything on it BEFORE you put it on"

"Yea"

"What?"

"Your mix"

"Hey. You have to ask my permission first!"

So she laughs and I kinda laugh. Then ask again. She says no. I say I'mma tell daddy to make you. I go to my dad. He ignores me, then makes fun of me, then tells my mom I want to do her hair. She says no. Plan B.

"MOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYY PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE" *tugging vigorously at arm*

This goes on for about 3 minutes, with my sister yelling at me to shut up. Finally, she gives in.

Her: "Maybe..later"

Me: "Yay. Do you have rollers?"

Her: "Yea."

Me: "Yay, I'll go make a rollersetting mix for you right now!"

I run off to my bathroom with some oils and products to decide what I'mma do to her.

Sweet Victory:grin:

P.S....I've never rollersetted in my LIFE. Wish me luck..hehe

Last edited:
aw that is sweet,hope it turns out good for you and her and she decides to try it.

Thanks ^_~
I think there's a box of end papers laying around that no one uses. I'll make sure to snatch em up =)

I decided I'm gonna do a two-step conditioning for my mother. First, I'm gonna mix some conditioner with an egg for some protein since I'm pretty sure her hair is lacking that. Also, I figure with some protein the moisture from the AO HSR I'll be following with will be able to bind to her hair easier. But, I'm gonna look at how her hair behaves when I'm washing it to make sure it really does need some protein before I mix the egg with some AO GPB. If it's okay, I'll probably just use the HSR and skip the protein for now, to be safe.

Back