Compliments on hair growth

kking7777

O.k I know that my hair has grown alot. However, I have only received 2 compliments on the growth. One from my mom (she does not count) and a caucasion co-worker (meant alot because they don't notice this often) So I was wondering do you ladies always get the hair growth compliments u deserve, because we work hard to have healthy longer hair and sometimes I don't feel like everyone notices it!
hwell:

Peachtree

Those who see me everyday or wkly usually don't make any comments... if they do, it's just to say "your hair looks pretty today". Those who see me less frequently (every mth or so) do seem to notice my additional growth & comment nicely about it

Brownie

Do spouses count? When I wear my hair down, my husband always says something nice. When I got my last touch up and had my hair flat ironed, he was speechless. Seeing his expression was priceless for me. Oh by the way, no one else in my family has seen my hair down in almost a year, but they will at Christmas time, so I'm sure I'll get plenty of comments and complements.

kking7777

Yeah same with me.... that is why I love to wear my hair up 90% of the time because people notice it more when u wear it down.... but just my luck they probably think I am wearing a weave when it's down and that is why they don't comment on the growth....

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
A lot of times when people are envious or jealous
they would rather not say anything. It would kill them to give you a compliment because they want what you have! Don't take it to heart because the compliment is in people staring at your hair trying to figure out whether or not it is weave!
Don't you hate that! Your hair looks wonderful, healthy and shiny. Keep up the good work! </pre><hr /> Hair goal: 3 inches by summer's end, shoulder length by December 2003
Pictures: http://photos.yahoo.com/dontspeakdefeat

kking7777

awww thank you sweetie! I must admit back when I was cutting and damaging my hair I hated to see other young ladies with a nice length of hair.... because I knew what I use to have and it never seemed like I would have it again.... Is that evil or what?

mirrormirror

I wear my hair in a high ponytail, and it is always loose curls from rollersetting . But the other day I just decided to wet wrap my hair, so my hair came out super straight and sleek, so today I put it up in a high ponytail and my co-workers couldn't believe how long my hair is. They actually asked me if it is my hair. I am so loving my hair this way, I never thought I would like the straight sleek look.

KinksnCurlz

Usually, some people don't comment because they secretly are envious and girl... you got some beautifullll hair... I have a coworker that never, ever, ever has anything nice to say about my hair even tho the entire office will compliment me on my style, length, etc. I just know it's because I'm looking good and so is my hair. I try not to focus on all the negativity, as long as I'm happy with me, that's all that matters.

Country gal

My co workers have noticed that my hair is growing. My cousin also says my hair has grown a lot. I notice it especially since I have color now. My natural hair color is about a inch long at the top before the color section. I hope that makes sense. My ex boyfriend said my sides looked good since they were thinning last year. He also says I wear my hair out more often. Last year, I wore a pony tails alot. It feels good when people notice your hard work. Caucisans make comments on my hair. One lady says you always are doing something different with your hair.

leejure

Well, I rarely wear my hair out. So when I finally do, I think people are jsut happy to finally see my hair out that they have no choice but to compliment.

-lee

Stormy

I get compliments all of the time on my hair growth. It's VERY noticable because I've always worn it short. VERY short. Last year it was to my ears and now it's almost to my shoulders (2-3 more inches to go! ) so I think people are really curious as to how it's grown so much in a year. It's also much healthier and thick compared to what it used to be.

BTW...Your hair is gorgeous!
I'm surprised you don't get more compliments.

patticake

i only where my hair down after i get a relaxer every two months. some people say my hair grew really fast since i chopped last year, others tug it and ask if it's a weave, and some say it looks too thin to them and i should cut it again. i don't let it get to me though because the once hatin' always have the most unhealthy hair i've very seen.

soslychic

kking7777, how did your hair respond to your highlites? Did you experience any breakage? What color is it (brand?)

melodee

Be glad that your Mom complimented you. Some people have jealous Moms who don't give out compliments. Not many people will say anything to me, but I'm just grateful to God that I have some hair.

Kking, congrats and enjoy the growth. Much love to you.

Honey01

It's ironic you brought this topic up bcuz I have been feeling weird about acknowledging praise when it comes to length of my hair vs. the overall look or stlye of it. I usually only respond with a "thank you" to my friends or relatives who know I am making a conscious effort to attain length. I don't know it could be a cultural thing bcuz at work (I one of only a few blacks out of hundreds) when a non-Black comments to another non-Black, "oh your is getting long" it's appears to be more of just an observation vs. a compliment. But between Black women it appears to me more of a compliment. Does that make sense? I could be wrong though.
But for me, secretly it's a compliment regardless of the persons intention. I'm like "yay" on the inside.

Jenai

Honey1, I understand completely. I'm going "yes yes yes!!!" when I wore my hair down after getting a touchup recently, one of my non-Black co-workers was like, "Wow, your hair has really grown."