CON Green Bottle ROCKS, DC mix, and EO question...lol

kbragg

Well I thought I'd save everyone the trama of dealing with 3 threads so I decided to pu them all in one:grin:

1. Cream Of Nature Shampoo in the green bottle is da bomb!!! I will not be returning to Pantene! It left my hair clean, yet soft and tangle free! Love it!

2. I made my own version of Cathy Howse UBH conditioner with a twist!

Ingriedients:

2 heaping tablespoons Africa's Best Organics Hair Mayonaise (aka ORS knock off but better:lol:)
2 heaping tablespoons Generic Hummectress (aka Sally's Nexxus Knock Off)
3 teaspoons of different oils (I used 3 different Hair2Heaven oils that's I'm not supposed to talk about:look: sorry Ann:ohwell:)
1 teaspoon Pepermint Essential Oil

I discovered that less is more with the EO and I probably could get the same effect with 1/2 teaspoon. My scalp was like ICE! Talk about stimulating the scalp! But not painful in the least. Actually it was a very interesting sensation sitting under the dryer because it didn't feel hot at all because of the nice icy feeling the Peppermint oil gave me:D I sat under the dryer for 20 minutes, then let my hair cool for 10 (and to let the protein set in the hair). Rinsed and....:eek: Shine, bounce, softness, body, but most interesting is the scalp was STILL tingling! First I spritz a little moisturizer (which I can't talk about:look:), then put the Lenzi's request/Capzasin combo in and it warmed my scalp back up lol, but not hot or anything. Then MTG'd, put the pantene serum on and extra oil on my ends. Up in the bun it went. My hair feels sooo good and I feel extremely relaxed as well, like I just had an intense scalp massage. I can definately see this giving me more growth!:)

3. Which leads in the the EO question...what EO's are best for the hair, and do they all tingle? The reason I ask is although I LOVE the result I got from the peppermint oil, I'm not sure how my hubby will react to me smelling like a candy cane:lachen: Sure I can get away with it now, being close to Christmas and all, but what about after?:lachen:

Ok, that's it:)

LovelyLionessa

CON does rock. :grin:

Lavendar oil is great for the hair and so is rosemary oil. They are supposed to have darkening and healing properties for the hair. Lavender smells really good too. Peppermint is also good, but a teaspoon sounds like way too much. EOs are highly concentrated you only need a few drops. hth :)

gymfreak336

Basil EO is good for regulating oil production
Palmarosa is used to help moisturize hair by stimulating oil production, it also help regenerate the scalp tissue
Rosemary is on of the classic scalp oils
Ylang-Ylang stimulates growth and was one of the oils used in the traditional Victorian growth oils
Cedarwood is a growth stimulator and also helps keep the scalp clean
Tea tree oil can be used to help fight dandruff and help stimulate growth
Patchouli oil can be use to help regulate oil production
Myrrh helps stimulate growth and helps stimualte oil production for dry scalps

One of my favorite hair oil mixes is

equal drops of Rosemary, Peppermint, Orange, Palmarosa, and Myrrh
Mix all of this into 4 heaping spoonfuls of coconut oil and rub generously on scalp. Cover with a plastic cap and apply heat for 15-20 mins. Shampoo out