EO Rinse: I didn't do too much, did I?

Eisani

:look: Okay, I just got out of the shower where I cowashed after pre-treating with Giovanni Tea Tree conditioner. My scalp has been really tender these past two days and I felt a lil bump so I grabbed a 16 oz bottle of distilled water and added around 5 drops each of rosemary, lavendar, and peppermint EO. I poured it over my scalp after I rinsed the conditioner and my scalp feels so mentholated and invigorated but my question is, did I use too much EO? It feels good now, but I don't wanna wake up to a pillow full of hair :laugh: :ohwell: :nono: Any input? I don't normally use my EO's this way which I why I ask...

Eisani

^^^I believe u inspired my escapade :giggle:. I was concerned about my measurements (or lack thereof).

loulou82

You're fine.

I did a peppermint rinse tonight and I add definitely added more that 1 drop per oz. My scalp is tingling but not irritated.

Eisani

:drunk: Really??? oh boy.....

I have at least 25 drops of Peppermint oil with 8 oz of water!!!:yawn:
:giggle: Now I don't feel so bad!! My scalp feels so good this morning. I was just eyeballing my EO's last night like hmm, what to mix (don't normally mix them). I only got concerned after I poured it over my head.

Eisani

Eisani your hair looks great in your siggy. What's your regimen?
Thank you! Regimen :spinning: ?? Lol @ the time of those pics I was cowashing 2-3 x's wk, chelating as needed, 1x/wk dc's and wet bunning or washing and going. After cowashing, I'd use a moisturizing conditioner as a leave in and seal w/JBCO or EVCO. When straightened, I baggied my ends. Now that it's winter, I don't do too much. I wash 1-2 x's/wk, moisturize and bun or do braid and twist outs. I've been trying to DC at least once, if not twice, per week.

Eisani

LOL your fine also... Peppermint (and lavender) are the only few EO's which do not need to be diluted :wink2:
Now I have to read more :spinning: I thought peppermint had to be diluted all this time...off to research!