Conditioner Recommendations for CO Washes?

Miss*Tress

I'll be in the States next month and want to stock up on cheapie conditioners for washing my hair.

What are your favorites? What are your opinions of Suave, Alberto VO5, and TRESemme? Do you have any other suggestions?

Also, I would like to avoid products containing silicone, mineral oil, and petrolatum.

TIA

Cheleigh

Most of the V05's make great conditioner washes:
-Free Me Freesia
-Tea Therapy
-Strawberries & Cream
-Blueberries & Cream
-Lime & Kiwi (clarifying)
-Silk Protein

I also use Freeman Papaya & Awapuhi (not super cheap, but a great product), Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, and La Bella Tropical Conditioners. I'm not into Suave, but I know a few of them make great CWs too.

Mom23

Suave Milk and Honey!! This has been the best conditioner for my Conditioner Washes. :yep:

Miss*Tress

Wow, looks like I'll need an extra suitcase for all those conditioners. Thanks for your responses, ladies. :)

MizaniMami

Miss*Tress said:
Thanks MizaniMami. :up:

Anymore recommendations?

Sure, I also used Humectress (Nexxus) for a cowash. My hair was intensly moisturized! It was the bomb!

But I wouldn't recommend it unless you water it down or it is extremely dry!

Miss*Tress

So Humectress is kind of heavy? That might be another good option for me because the water is really hard here. How much does it cost?

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Well I have tried most of the Condtioner for CO washes and the best by far is Paul Mitchells Instant Daily Moisturizing Conditioner.

Nexxus, V05, Suave are all crap on my hair.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Miss*Tress said:
So Humectress is kind of heavy? That might be another good option for me because the water is really hard here. How much does it cost?

I purchase Humectress anywhere from $15-$20--definitely not the cheapest, but I've paid more for conditioners. I use Suave Milk & Honey regularly (which works great), or Silk Elements Cholesterol ($3.99 at Sallys) when I need extra moisture. The Silk Elements does contain “-cones” and mineral oil, though.

I purchase the Suave for $.99 at my local discount and dollar stores. HTH!

MizaniMami

Miss*Tress said:

It is kinda heavy if you really don't need the moisture. That's why I say water it down. It usually cost about 13-20 bucks :perplexed