Conditioners for 2008

lilamae

Okay so I'm at the beauty supply store. In one hand I have Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat:lick:, Joico K Pak Intense Hydrator. In the other hand I have Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner.

Then I got confused..and thought to myself..I'm doing too much. Suze Orman would tell me to pick one and get out of there. I tried deperately to decide between the 3 conditioners but ended up putting everything down and rushed back to work to get on the computer and ask y'all for help.

So as I am deciding on my conditioners that I'll use for 08, can y'all give me recommendations, please...

For Joico: Is Moisture Recovery better than K Pak Intense Hydrator
I already know I really love Redken butter treat:yep:
Is Kenra MC really all that?

I just want high quality products that work really well. Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance!

Also.. What conditioners are your bringing into 2008 and what are you leaving behind?

lollyoo

Sorry, cant help you with your choice.
redken did nothing to my hair and even a few other conditioner like aubrey organics honeysuckle rose.
Anyway the only moisturising deep conditioner am taking into 2008 is-
nacidit avocado conditioner

protein- aphogee 2 min- but when i use up the bottle i have at moment, no more purchase.

co-wash (hardly do this nowadays)- tresemme moisture

others I want to try-
lady fior olive oil conditioner
torque emergencia (to use a week before relaxer)
may or may not try keracare humecto in tub.

gymfreak336

Conditioners for 08

I have my fair share of cheapie products that I love but I do notice a different when I use high quality conditioners over the long run

For 08

Besides my pantene mask and ors replenishing....08 will be mostly Joico for me

The Kpack intense hydrator is my current love. I used it last night. I don't think it is better than the moisture recovery but its just differnent, I wouldn't compare the two to be honest. The reason I like Joico products is that they all have low pH's which is a huge plus for me since I have porosity issues, they also have many products...there is something for every problem in their brand. They are concentrated and every product has human keratin in it. They also use ceramides.

I think that in order for you to decide which direction to go....you need to determine what your hair likes. For example, some people here have an affinty for protein...there hair just loves it. Some lines are more protein concentrated than others. Main and Tail for example is more protein based.

If you already like Redken stuff, try a couple of more conditioners in their line. I personally don't do well with redken but my hair likes Paul mitchel. Kenra gets big ups because the ingredients rock and it seems to truely provide moisture...not just slip.

Look at the companies websites, look through their product line, look at their company mission and science and choose what to try based off what you think would be better able to meet your needs.

Evazhair

I can only speak for Kenra MC- very moisturizing, slippy, detangling and provides lasting moisture good for a post protein treatment. Honestly I could see the potential for it to provide too much moisture, but that isn't true for me. I would say that the Joico ones are at least on the same level as Kenra MC. They may or may not have some protein. I heard these are wonderful, so I would say try one of each. Does that make me a pusher? :spinning: I believe you can never have too much conditioner.

lilamae

Conditioners for 08

I have my fair share of cheapie products that I love but I do notice a different when I use high quality conditioners over the long run

For 08

Besides my pantene mask and ors replenishing....08 will be mostly Joico for me

The Kpack intense hydrator is my current love. I used it last night. I don't think it is better than the moisture recovery but its just differnent, I wouldn't compare the two to be honest. The reason I like Joico products is that they all have low pH's which is a huge plus for me since I have porosity issues, they also have many products...there is something for every problem in their brand. They are concentrated and every product has human keratin in it. They also use ceramides.

I think that in order for you to decide which direction to go....you need to determine what your hair likes. For example, some people here have an affinty for protein...there hair just loves it. Some lines are more protein concentrated than others. Main and Tail for example is more protein based.

If you already like Redken stuff, try a couple of more conditioners in their line. I personally don't do well with redken but my hair likes Paul mitchel. Kenra gets big ups because the ingredients rock and it seems to truely provide moisture...not just slip.

Look at the companies websites, look through their product line, look at their company mission and science and choose what to try based off what you think would be better able to meet your needs.

Thank you so much for the response dude ( dude is a term of enderement used primarily in northern cal;)

Yes I am loving redken and I have tried joico reconstructor which worked very well so i fugured other stuff in their line would. I think i am gonna have to experiment and just see what works best. Thanks again dude.

lilamae

Sorry, cant help you with your choice.
redken did nothing to my hair and even a few other conditioner like aubrey organics honeysuckle rose.
Anyway the only moisturising deep conditioner am taking into 2008 is-
nacidit avocado conditioner

protein- aphogee 2 min- but when i use up the bottle i have at moment, no more purchase.

co-wash (hardly do this nowadays)- tresemme moisture

others I want to try-
lady fior olive oil conditioner
torque emergencia (to use a week before relaxer)
may or may not try keracare humecto in tub.

Thanks for the reply! The keracare tub works better than the bottle?

tapioca_pudding

Conditioners for 08
Gym, if my hair doesn't like 'hard' protein (Aphogee, Emergencee, etc) unless under DIRE straits, do you think my hair would like this? My hair tends to respond to Marine Collagen, Wheat Protein, SAA, etc. But the harder stuff.. no likey.

lilamae

I can only speak for Kenra MC- very moisturizing, slippy, detangling and provides lasting moisture good for a post protein treatment. Honestly I could see the potential for it to provide too much moisture, but that isn't true for me. I would say that the Joico ones are at least on the same level as Kenra MC. They may or may not have some protein. I heard these are wonderful, so I would say try one of each. Does that make me a pusher? :spinning: I believe you can never have too much conditioner.

Thanks for the response. No your not a pusher;) I think I will purchase them all and see what works best.

gymfreak336

Gym, if my hair doesn't like 'hard' protein (Aphogee, Emergencee, etc) unless under DIRE straits, do you think my hair would like this? My hair tends to respond to Marine Collagen, Wheat Protein, SAA, etc. But the harder stuff.. no likey.

Joico has the kpak line, moisture recovery, silk result, color endure, sun care, body luxe and the daily care line.

I believe the degree of concentration of keratin depends on the line.
The kpak line is designed to be the damage repairing line. I like the kpak intense hydator. My hair feels soft yet strong and I don't like hardcore protein either. Now the moisture recovery lines have higher concentrations of oils like camellia and jojoba oils, kelp extracts, than the kpak moisturizing conditioner. They still have keratin in them but later on in the ingredient list.
The color endure line is designed to strengthen and close the cuticle to prevent fading so it has more keratin in than the moisture line to help reinforce the cuticle. The silk result line is designed to help smooth so it has silk amino acids in it. It still has the keratin and it has wheat protein and shea butter.

In my experience, my hair likes keratin. Keratin is beneficial to the hair since its made of keratin but for my fine yet abudant hair, hardcore proteins which tend to be more keratin are just too much of a good thing. It just seems to be too strong. I don't think particular proteins are to blame all of the time for protein problems, I think it is the typical delivery system in which we get them.

I like the fact the joico has the keratin in it since my hair is slowly getting it on a regular basis now. Having the small steady feed of protein is also helping my hair stay moisturized and is helping my porosity issues.

mango387

Joico is great for me, and my hair hates hard protein. I think it would be okay for you.

lilamae

Joico has the kpak line, moisture recovery, silk result, color endure, sun care, body luxe and the daily care line.

The kpak line is designed to be the damage repairing line. I like the kpak intense hydator. My hair feels soft yet strong and I don't like hardcore protein either. Now the moisture recovery lines have higher concentrations of oils like camellia and jojoba oils, kelp extracts, than the kpak moisturizing conditioner. They still have keratin in them but later on in the ingredient list.
The color endure line is designed to strengthen and close the cuticle to prevent fading so it has more keratin in than the moisture line to help reinforce the cuticle. The silk result line is designed to help smooth so it has silk amino acids in it. It still has the keratin and it has wheat protein and shea butter.

In my experience, my hair likes keratin. Keratin is beneficial to the hair since its made of keratin but for my fine yet abudant hair, hardcore proteins which tend to be more keratin are just too much of a good thing. It just seems to be too strong. I don't think particular proteins are to blame all of the time for protein problems, I think it is the typical delivery system in which we get them.

I like the fact the joico has the keratin in it since my hair is slowly getting it on a regular basis now. Having the small steady feed of protein is also helping my hair stay moisturized and is helping my porosity issues.

Wow gym..you're so knowledgable:drunk: Thanks for the insight.

lilamae

The reason I like Joico products is that they all have low pH's which is a huge plus for me since I have porosity issues, they also have many products...there is something for every problem in their brand. They are concentrated and every product has human keratin in it. They also use ceramides.

Gym, can you please tell me more about "porosity"..the benefits of human keratin and ceramides:look: I know thats a lot to ask so if you dont feel like it I can google

nappity

Just when I though i wouldn't even need to buy conditioner- here you come with JOICO. :perplexed Do they sell it at JCPenney's? cause they got a big hair sale. If not I'm sure trade secrets will have it. Now I have to print out this post and keep it in my pocketbook for the next time i go to the mall!!
Thanks for the tip!! My hair prefers Keratin above all things!:rolleyes:

gymfreak336

The reason I like Joico products is that they all have low pH's which is a huge plus for me since I have porosity issues, they also have many products...there is something for every problem in their brand. They are concentrated and every product has human keratin in it. They also use ceramides.

Gym, can you please tell me more about "porosity"..the benefits of human keratin and ceramides:look: I know thats a lot to ask so if you dont feel like it I can google

Porosity

As my friend Artemis would say....your hair cuticle is like a row of doors. They open and shut. When you relax, the chemicals open them up. They also open with rough handling, back combing, combing and brushing with cheap and crappy combs and brushes etc.... The degree of open and shut doors along your hair shaft is how you measure your porosity. If you have poor porosity, no matter how much you moisturize, your hair won't hold on to it.

Sistaslick broke it down in one of her articles too.

Ceramides....In a nut shell ceramides are like little blocks of glue. They help seal in weak points in the hair strand and provide moisturizing strength and flexibiliy. There is a long thread about it here.