Conditioning the Hair

sabie19

I was wondering how many ladies do the Shampooing and Conditioning method. Meaning Shampoo the hair about 3 times. Then doing a deep conditioner for about 30 minutes or more. Then condition the hair with the conditioning. I was wondering this beause I am planning on switching my shampoo to Creme of Nature detangling conditioning shampoo. The description says that no other conditioner is needed. But I'm used to the Shampooing and Conditioning method. Can I still condition after I shampoo.

cutebajangirl

I just bought some ( I tried it 3 year ago and must have had a bad batch because it sucked) and I noticed that too. Someone here once said it was originally a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner but it is no longer marketed as such. Anyway I used it last night and then I conditioned and I wish I hadn't because my hair was shinier, more detangled and had more slip before conditioning. So I too wanna know what do you ladies use after CON pooing?

Irresistible

I couldnt imagine not conditioning ...thats a habit that would die hard...ive heard some say good things about CON , then they come back later and say it stopped working or didnt work well...i havent used it in years...for some reason i wasnt crazy about it...although i do remember my hair feeling conditioned after washing...but im sure i still condtioned after anyway....i would feel like something was really really missing if i didnt

Blacktresses

I had the same question when I started transition to natural hair.

One thing to remember...It had been mentioned time and again. Shampoo is very stripping to the hair. So you can image what happens when you wash your hair three times. The last time I tried shampooing ( and this was just shampooing one time ) my hair got very hard in a matter of minutes. Usually I just conditioner wash and continue my routine. The only time I shampoo is very month to month and a half. This is to remove all of the build up. One is the magic number for me.

IMO (In my opinion), 90% of shampoos, are stripping due to the alcohol content as well as other drying products. This is also something to remember not all products are made for AA hair and/or curly hair. In other words...be careful of what you put in your hair.

So this is the important question how does your hair feel after you shampoo ? Just to be on the safe side, I would use a moisturizing conditioner.

karezone

It depends on my hair. If my hair was in very good condition(moisturized and no breakage), I would go on ahead and use my creamy leave ins and roller wrap but if not, I would use another conditioner.

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
sabie19 said:
I was wondering how many ladies do the Shampooing and Conditioning method. Meaning Shampoo the hair about 3 times. Then doing a deep conditioner for about 30 minutes or more. Then condition the hair with the conditioning. I was wondering this beause I am planning on switching my shampoo to Creme of Nature detangling conditioning shampoo. The description says that no other conditioner is needed. But I'm used to the Shampooing and Conditioning method. Can I still condition after I shampoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair would die if I lathered more than twice

Nay

I use the Creme of Nature shampoo/conditioner in the white bottle with the red writing. I use it once and then rinse. Then I follow up with the Creme of Nature detangling conditioner in the white bottle with the purple writing. I put a load of this stuff in my hair, comb it through a section at a time. Leave it in for a good 30 minutes. And then rinse it out.

My hair ends up really soft, and the tangles come out better than anything else I've ever tried. I end up with very little hair in my comb. And I haven't noticed any of the build-up that the other ladies have had problems with!

Babygurl

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
sabie19 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair would die if I lathered more than twice

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 3 latherings....YIKES!