Deep conditioning question????

musiclova

Ladies I am pondering over here about prepoo treatments. I have been trying to simplify my hair routine so I wanted to know if I do a deep conditioning prepoo treatment is it really necessary to deep condition again after I shampoo??.... I think my real question is can you reap the same benefits from a deep conditioning pre poo treatment as you do from a deep conditioning treatment after you poo? b/c I consider my pre poo treatment my deep conditioning protein treatment because it softens and strengthens my hair. I have not been disappointed and that has been my routine for a while now. This is what I do...I prepoo with Aubrey GPB for an hour without heat. With heat I do 30 min. Then I use a moist. poo and condition with a moist conditioner for about 10 mins. What do y'all think? Do you think it is better to do a deep conditioning protein treatment after you shampoo?

Last edited:

ALICIALYNN

Well Think You Should Do A Protein Treatment After The Shampoo. Protein Treatment Can Leave Your Hair Hard Afterwards So Do A Good Deep Conditoner After, Just Make Sure You Dont Overdo The Protien Treatment. A Treatment Should Last You About 4- 6 Weeks. (just My 2 Cents)

L

lkg4healthyhair

On the GPB bottle is says to put it in first for "deep conditioning", and that's what I do. I follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner for 5 or 10 mins after I shampoo. I would think another deep conditioner would not be necessary....

Routine:
-GPB in dry hair from scalp to ends (per instructions on bottle)
-Once I get to Dominican Salon they rinse and shampoo 1x
-Then I have them put in a moistuirzing conditioner (currently using Nioxin Structure & Strength or Moisture & Stength) with shower cap for 5-10 mins no heat
-Then Rinse & add The Detangler; head to the chair for rollers and my hair looks very healthy (oh yeah I use leave ins either Salerm 21 or Nioxin Bliss)

That is it. I like conditioning first. It also saves me time in the salon.

Shatani

musiclova said:
Ladies I am pondering over here about prepoo treatments. I have been trying to simplify my hair routine so I wanted to know if I do a deep conditioning prepoo treatment is it really necessary to deep condition again after I shampoo??.... I think my real question is can you reap the same benefits from a deep conditioning pre poo treatment as you do from a deep conditioning treatment after you poo? b/c I consider my pre poo treatment my deep conditioning protein treatment because it softens and strengthens my hair. I have not been disappointed and that has been my routine for a while now. This is what I do...I prepoo with Aubrey GPB for an hour without heat. With heat I do 30 min. Then I use a moist. poo and condition with a moist conditioner for about 10 mins. What do y'all think? Do you think it is better to do a deep conditioning protein treatment after you shampoo?
i dont deep condtion again after i do my pre-poo deep con treatment...seems redundant and i have no desire to get back in the shower! :lol:

i just do what you do....pre-poo deep con, moisturizing poo and conditioner....if i poo at all :D

musiclova

Thanks ladies. I agree it does save time to deep condition first and it makes sense especially when I have that option with GPB. Everytime I get in and out of the shower I end up congested and sneezing all night :( . So I prefer to do what has been working for me ;).

Shatani

you just llike me girl....my body is very sensitive to temp changes and in these cold days up north, i try to spend as little unnecessary wet time as i can! saving time is the best thing for me...or i would have the sniffles all my life!

ccd

I do one or the other....

but even when I pre poo, I'll use a rich conditioner and leave it in for a few minutes in the shower...I prefer deep conditioning after shampoos and prepoos...I need the moisture in my hair

Last edited: