Corrective Relaxer at Luisa's

ms_kenesha

Corrective Relaxer at Luisa\'s

I went to Luisa's today and had Luisa herself give me a corrective relaxer. Anyone who's been following my journal may know that I had given myself a relaxer twice this year, then went to a certain salon, and then went to avatar, well because of this my relaxed hair was all different degrees of relaxed-ness :)D) So she gave me a corrective and only charged me $65
she used Affirm and then I got a Doobie! My hair is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I'm sorry I fell of the stretching relaxer touch-up challenge, but my hair was breaking :cry: But in good news this is the longest I've ever waited!

I'll take pictures tomorrow and post them whenever I get my film developed.

PS Luisa's daughter was working in the salon today and she has some of the most beautiful hair I've seen in a long time....she also made me want to dye my hair black even more!

zora

Re: Corrective Relaxer at Luisa\'s

I'm going to check Luisa out next week. What time does she take her last appointment?

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member

Glad to hear that Ms. Kenesha
Does she charge $65 for all hair lengths. The Dominican salon I go to charges $75. Also when you get your regular touch up let me know how she does it? How is the wait, do they do appointments?

candycane

ms_kenesha,

what were the characteristics of your hair that made you believe you needed a corrective relaxer? Is this type of relaxer pulled all the way through you hair. TIA

Candycane

soulchild

Kenesha, hey I've been following your journal

I've been wondering, how do your root washes work?

Allandra

Kenesha,

You go girl. Is her daughter Maribel? I know she has very pretty very black hair, and it looks super!

Lengthwanted

Please give more details .. as asked by others. I may need to check this place out. I'm not sure what is wrong with my hair right now. I think it may have been overprocessed, stripped and some more stuff. The strands are thinning out big time. This may be something that I need.

ms_kenesha

Here's how she did the corrective relaxer:
She started by applying the relaxer to my new growth only like a regular touch-up. Then she applied it all the way until about the last 1 inch of my hair, then she smoothed it using a fine tooth comb all the way until that last inch. After a while it start tingling in the back half of my head where she applied it first, so I told her and she took me over to the bowl and rinsed that part, but continued to smooth the front and sides where she applied last (the thinnest part of my hair). She then rinsed all of it out and then used the neutralizer which she left on my hair for 5 minutes (like you're supposed to). The process didn't take that long because even with the corrective relaxer and roller set and blow out I was out of there in 2 hours. I got there when the shop opened at 10am.

Zora, I'm not sure what time she takes her last appointment because the schedule is different for diff. days of the week. You can call and I'm sure she'll be happy to tell you

Beverly, I'm not sure if she charges $65 for all hair lengths, but I definitely got a deal because a corrective usually costs more

Candycane, I felt I needed a corrective because from my own relaxing and then going to two different salons for relaxers I had about 4 different textures on my head all fighting to stay on there. Which is why I was getting breakage and with all the good things I do to my hair I knew I shouldn't have been having this weird breakage, it wasn't simply two textures at the newgrowth breakage, some strands were about 4 inches long and I know it wasn't breaking because of heat damage because I always use a heat protectant and I don't use heat that much. Luisa just confirmed all of that when she looked at my hair.

Soulchild, a root wash is when you use a nozzle applicator, you can buy and empty applicator bottle and apply the nozzle to any shampoo you have. Then with the nozzle you apply the shampoo to your scalp and roots only with dry hair, then you massage it in (it'll probably lather a little bit even w/o the water), then you rinse your hair in the shower like you normaly would and can follow with a conditioner wash. By doing this you wash mainly your scalp and let the rinsing of the shampoo from there wash you hair, therefor not drying out your hair unneccesarily
I use this in place of a regular conditioner wash because I want my scalp to feel clean, but I don't want my hair stripped.

Allandra, yes her daughter Maribel has gorgeous hair! So, I will be dyeing my hair black soon. I've always thought black hair looks so shiny and healthy!

Supergirl, you know I'm just trying to catch up to you with your SUPERHAIR

asummertyme

hey i just had that done as well, i thought my hair was breaking but, it was just dry that day...it came out great..i was charged 35 bucks....in brooklyn...

asummertyme

hey i just had that done as well, i thought my hair was breaking but, it was just dry that day...it came out great..i was charged 35 bucks....in brooklyn...

ms_kenesha

I think I've had at least 5 or 6. I've had exactly 4 sine June 18, 2003 (that's when I started my journal). Sooo, I may have had more than 6

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member

Thanks for posting the details- Your hair looks really nice, I checked out your pics

tasha

[ QUOTE ]
beverly said:
Glad to hear that Ms. Kenesha
Does she charge $65 for all hair lengths. The Dominican salon I go to charges $75. Also when you get your regular touch up let me know how she does it? How is the wait, do they do appointments?

[/ QUOTE ]
Beverly, what Dominican salon do you go to?

sephora

what makes it corrective exactly...the manner in which it was applied or the actual chemical substances it was made out of?

thanks!

madamebutterfly

ms_kenesha you are a Major Inspiration!
Love your thoughts & advice, and I saw
your picture gallery. Wow!

I have self-relaxed for years, and once I
get my shedding and nightmare new-growth
to behave again, I will try giving myself a
NO-Lye corrective relaxer! (Never heard
of a "corrective" relaxer before, but it sure
makes a whole lotta sense for those who
have TOO many textures goin' on...)

Thank you so much for sharing,

m.b.

candibaby

thats great! i'm glad you had a good experience.
i think i might start keeping a hair journal too now..