Cosmetologists: How'd you get started?

Ms_Twana

I am really thinking about going to Cosmetology School. After joining this board, I eat, sleep, and breathe hair. So, I have a few questions. What made you decide to go to Cosmetology School?? What school did you go to?? Did the school specialize in African American hair or a variety? If you went part-time, were you employeed else where full-time?? How did that affect your schedule? How did you build up your clientele?

Sorry for all of the questions. :lol: I just want to gather as much information as I can so that I can make an informed decision about this. TIA ladies!! :D

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Bumping! I would like to know the answers to your questions too! I am FED UP with the cubicle desk jobs. I want to start cosmetology school later on this year (if I save up enough money to pay for school with my own money) or next year after I turn 24 (so I can get a loan for the full amount of the tuition if I want).

I'm also trying to figure out whether I want to work fulltime and go to school part time for 18 months OR save up money til the end of the year, quit my job, and go to school full-time and finish in 10 months!

Anyway, I've already PM'ed balisi awhile back and would like to hear from more ladies. Balisi told me she worked full-time as an executive assistant and went to school part-time for 2 years. I think she was tired of the corporate world too.

I also know that DST and Sweetpeadst went to cosmetology school too, but they've been missing in action for a while.

Last edited:

frostydoll

I don't have anything else to offer I just want to say good luck to all of you because we need more wonderful cosmetologists like Balisi.