Cosmetology- Hair Stylist

Mrs.Fitness

I am thinking about going to beauty school to become a hair stylist. After completing school and building clientele working at someone's salon, I would like to own my own. I have learned so much about hair. I have become very passionate about helping women achieve healthy hair.

I really want to hear from EVERYONE that knows anything about this business. Even if you just have close friends or family that are in it.

I will be interviewing someone in the industry soon, to answer my questions, but I would like to hear from more than one source.

My questions:

1. If you want to primarily care for black hair, is it necessary to attend a predominately black hair school, or do all schools teach aspiring stylists how to do ethnic hair?

2. What is the best beauty school to attend (for those that live in the Dallas-FW area of Texas)?

3. How much do stylist make on average?

4. How much do most salon owners charge to rent booth space?

5. What are some important things to know going into this business?

6. How many years should someone build clientele before going into business for themselves?

7. What are some of you petpeeves about hair stylist in general?

8. Do you think most women are deciding to wear weaves so much, that they just dont go to salons anymore?

Thanks In Advance!!!