Could My Damaged Hair Be Growing????

MzTami

Hellerrrr
Hi ladies,

I just updated my fotki album titled Hair Growth Sept 2005. I need another opinion, but I think my damaged hair is growing or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

CarLiTa

hey Tami, i just checked your album. Nice growth you got there :)
I wanted to say though, yes, your have new growth, but that has nothing to do with how damaged the rest of your hair with.
Hair growth is something that comes from within, so if your ENDS are damaged, it still won't affect what grows out of your scalp. What would affect what grows out of your scalp would be your health, good or bad, you'll see that reflected in hair growth.

Damaged hair, however, will STOP you from retaining the new growth you get. The damaged ends, which are probably split, are going to travel up your hair and eventually you'll have to cut it... so that's what damaged hair does. It won't affect what grows out of your head right away though.

Basically, if your ends are damaged, I just suggest that you cut them off, because you wouldn't wanna be getting some nice growth, only to let it get damaged, IMO

MzTami

Hellerrrr
Thank you ladies!! I'm so happy that my damaged hair is Growing and Retaining length. The only problem is that I am transitioning and shrinkage is going to skew my length.

Lucia

MzTami said:
Thank you ladies!! I'm so happy that my damaged hair is Growing and Retaining length. The only problem is that I am transitioning and shrinkage is going to skew my length.
It will take at least 6months -1 year before trans hair shows it's real original texture cause the scab hair has to grow out 1st but that doesn't mean it can't gorw out healthy.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
Lucia said:
It will take at least 6months -1 year before trans hair shows it's real original texture cause the scab hair has to grow out 1st but that doesn't mean it can't gorw out healthy.

Oh snap!.. Do all transitioners have scab hair???? What is scab hair????

Last edited:

Lucia

MzTami said:
Oh snap!.. Do all transitioners have scab hair???? What is scab hair????
I think so , but ask the tue transitioners about this don't quote me on it.
scab hair=hair that's not your real texture because the chemicals are still affecting it cause they ar estill in your system.