CPR dried me out somethin fierce =(

Barbie83

I hadn't done a protein DC in a while, so I used Motions CPR last night. Now my hair feels like straw.:nono:

Here's what I did:

1. Shampooed with Elucence MB (thanks for the sample, shyintellect!)
2. Applied CPR to towel dried hair and sat under the dryer with a plastic cap for 30 min
3. Rinsed and applied Dark & Lovely cholesterol (mixed with EVCO). Sat under dryer for 30 min
4. Co-washed with pantene for slip.
5. Applied Lacio Lacio and coconut oil and detangled.
6. Airdryed to 80% and flat twisted with nairobi foam wrap.

Hmmm...so my twist out looks dry and feels like hay :(

Where did I go wrong?
-Is it protein overload?
-Should I have used a more traditional moisturizing DC rather than cholesterol?
-or, (horror of horrors) is it the cones?

shtow

Maybe 30 minutes was too much? The last time I used protein I was under the dryer for ten minutes and my hair was stupid strong.

Also you may have needed to use a more moisturizing DC after. I don't know if the Dark and Lovely is super moisturizing for you. I know after serious protein, I have to be selective of the moisture DCs I use after.

Barbie83

Yeah, I had the sneaking suspicion....I was just trying to use up the cholesterol, should have known better! :ohwell:

Well I'm snowed in for the day so that gives me nothing but time to start over. Redken Heavy Cream + Creme of Nature Extreme Moisture should do the trick (I hope)....

hair4romheaven

I used QH cholesterol after my DRC 28 (hard protein) but i mixed it with aphogee moisturizing DC and coconut oil i think i pout a little castor oil. My hair felt soooo soft after ward.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
yep, that was way too long.
i always follow instructions on the bottle when using protein. i think motions says leave on for like five minutes with heat?