CRAZY IDEA: Quick setting pin curls with plastic wrap and a heating cap! POSSIBLE????

LadyBklyn

Okay, so being that I'm always thinking hair. I just thought this up. I'm in NO WAY saying that I am the FIRST to come up with this idea. I'm just saying I just thought of it! :lol: Anyway here's what I'm thinking, pin curl moisturized dry hair. Slap on some plastic wrap like your doing a silk wrap. Put a heating cap or sit under a dryer for like 10 minutes or so. Let cool, BAM! CURLS! Now like I said I'm SURE I'm more than likely NOT the first to think of this... SO if you have done this: How'd it go? What did you put in your hair? Did you achieve silky curls? And anything else you can think of! Also do y'all think this would be just as much or as damaging as flat ironing or curling? Do y'all think this could be done on a daily/semi daily basis? Thanks y'all!:grin:

Last edited:

Leslie_C

Ive done this with bantu knots in the morning before work just to give me a little texture for a pin -up or puff. It worked in a pinch, but wasnt suitable to wear down...try to get them all on the top because the sides end bottom part of the cap doesn't produce nearly as much heat as the top.

LadyBklyn

xcuzememiss said:
Sounds like it might work.. I don't see why not. As long as the hair doesn't sweat

That's what I was pretty much thinking. You think this could be like a everyday thing. Would this be considered direct heat?

LadyBklyn

Leslie_C said:
Ive done this with bantu knots in the morning before work just to give me a little texture for a pin -up or puff. It worked in a pinch, but wasnt suitable to wear down...try to get them all on the top because the sides end bottom part of the cap doesn't produce nearly as much heat as the top.

How long did you leave your heating cap on for? The curls weren't defined? And without using the plastic wrap, did your hair seem drier than before you attempted this?