Plastic Wrap or Plastic Cap?

araceli2418

When you henna or apply any of the ayurvedic pastes, do you wrap your head in plastic wrap or just put on a plastic cap?

I wrap my head and I was just wondering what everyone else does.

200AndOne

i use a plastic cap for henna, etc. for simple conditioning, i have been known to don a plastic food lion shopping bag.

BellaLunie

bump bump bump I'm going to henna for the first time next weds and I wanna know too!

Off topic- im a newbie(subscribed today after 3 months of lurking) and I was just wondering how long some of you ladies wait after a relaxer to henna.

ETA I relaxed last Weds and I saw the rule of thumb was 2 wks. I'll be using the Karishma henna
TIA

Last edited:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I use both. I cover first with Saran Wrap then cover with a plastic cap to keep my furniture and clothes from accidental contact.

Miss Monae

bump bump bump I'm going to henna for the first time next weds and I wanna know too!

Off topic- im a newbie(subscribed today after 3 months of lurking) and I was just wondering how long some of you ladies wait after a relaxer to henna.

ETA I relaxed last Weds and I saw the rule of thumb was 2 wks. I'll be using the Karishma henna

I would say waiting 2-3 weeks after is fine. I wait 2 weeks because I usually need my hair to breathe after a chemical process. I don't take any chances.

Oh, and Karishma Henna is a good choice for your first time :yep:

nymane

TIA

Hey, the first time I used henna I did it one after my relaxer (because I was anxious); I think as long as its Body Art Quality henna you will be fine.

OP: I use saran wrap

Sade'

When I use my pastes I use a plastic shower cap then tie my scarf over it for extra protection. How long have u been using the pastes/powders? Do they work for you?

araceli2418

When I use my pastes I use a plastic shower cap then tie my scarf over it for extra protection. How long have u been using the pastes/powders? Do they work for you?

Umm, several months now. Can't remember. I've only used henna but I plan on using brahmi in the very near future.

I just recently started mixing my henna with oil and I love it so much better than water. No dryness after washing it out. Why didn't I think of this before? :wallbash:

BTW, thanks ladies.

BellaLunie

Hey, the first time I used henna I did it one after my relaxer (because I was anxious); I think as long as its Body Art Quality henna you will be fine.

OP: I use saran wrap

I'm very very impatient as well. I think I'll be doing it as soon as I received it :grin:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
WOW! I always Use Saran Wrap. No Dripping. No Mess.:nono:

I will incorporate some of the other methods just to be on the safe-side of:

Saran Wrap + Plastic Cap.:yep: