Creamy crack and no set backs

LifeafterLHCF

I need help ladies.Im going relaxed in Jan and I wanted to make sure I have everything to make this work right.Im going to go the Lye route since my hair is fine I believe 4a/3c hair and I don't want it to be so weighted.

A few moisturizing shampoo's-Loreal moisture,Elsta QP creamy,Motions Lavish
Clarifying-Herbal Essence Degunk
Many conditioners protein ones-Jpack and moisturizing
Leave-ins-HE no more frizz,ltr,gvp anti snap,gvp the conditioner

Ok so I need tips of what would be a good heat protectant( I was thinking either Redken or Beyond the Heat from sallys),flat iron,and hand dryer.Should I use my Lotta Body Foam wrap or do I need to do a liquid.

Im thinking to relax every 4 months,wash 2 a month,dc 2 a week,roller set,phony pony,or half wig for protective styling.I want to relax bc Im tired of looking so rough when I don't have a wig on.Im tired of spending so much on wigs.For me personally I don't want any extra issues when I start working since I graduate in Dec.Some look down on weave or wigs on a constant.My bestie was telling me how he boss flipped when she got micros and another lady got a wig.

Any help would be great.I can't do a search on here so if any of you can give info I would be so thankful.

EbonyCPrincess

Sounds like you have a great regimen in place and your protective & low mani styling will really help you to retain length. Good luck and pls come back and update this thread.

As for a heat protectant, I haven't used either of those I currently have the Silk Elements one and CHI Iron Guard.

TamedTresses

I've never tried any of the heat protectants you mentioned. I've tried Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray...will never repurchase that. Right now I use John Freida Thermal Protection Serum. I don't use heat often though.

Hopefully, someone else can chime in on whether they think the John Freida is a good heat protectant or not. It cost around $6 and I sometimes get a BOGO FREE pack from Target.

jahzyira

Dont forget the ceramides.:yep: They help keep the hair strong, healthy, and breakage free. Theres natural ceramides like wheat germ oil, hempseed oil, cupuacu butter, etc and conditioners/treatments like Biolage cera repair, Kerastase Vita ciment, Redken, Mizani, etc. I personally use ceramides(Kerastase Vita Ciment) daily in my regimen and my relaxed hair is almost as strong as my natural hair.:grin:

LifeafterLHCF

Yes ceramides are already in rotation as a natural..I may buy one more so I can rotate a bit.Im using wheat germ right now.Thank you ladies so much..keep it coming..