creme of nature argan oil shampoo

Lilmama1011

Anyone use this shampoo? How was it? I prefer a review on natural hair please but will take a relaxed review as well . Beggars can't be choosy. Lol.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I like this poo. It smells great and it gently detangles my hair as I lather. This is my number 1 shampoo until I tried Keracare. Now I mainly use it on my daughter. We both have natural 4b hair btw

Last edited:

NaturalBritt87

Favorite bottled shampoo right now hands down. I have very thick tightly coiled natural hair and this shampoo allows me to finger detangle week old shrunken WNG hair in minutes. It detangled so well that I just go over it on more time with my rinse out conditioner and by the time I deep condition my hair is tangle free. My hair doesn't feel stripped afterwards. I divide my hair in six sections when I wash but I've done it in four large sections (takes me a little longer). They definitely got it right with this one. I love shampoo bars but I can't detangle with them. It beats entwine act I cleanser too.

greenandchic

I normally keep several different shampoos in my rotation but this has been the only one (aside from a neutralizing shampoo) I've been using for months now. It cleanses without stripping and leaves my hair super soft.

spellinto

Relaxed head here. I used it and liked it a lot. It gave a TON of slip, which was weird because it's a shampoo. That was the biggest pro about it. I stopped using it though because it did not feel like it was actually cleansing my hair. It's really gentle, which is a pro or a con depending on what you want (moisture vs actual cleansing ability).

Nazaneen

I normally keep several different shampoos in my rotation but this has been the only one (aside from a neutralizing shampoo) I've been using for months now. It cleanses without stripping and leaves my hair super soft.
Damnit, I was sold until...

Relaxed head here. I used it and liked it a lot. It gave a TON of slip, which was weird because it's a shampoo. That was the biggest pro about it. I stopped using it though because it did not feel like it was actually cleansing my hair. It's really gentle, which is a pro or a con depending on what you want (moisture vs actual cleansing ability).

:lol: I can't do with a shampoo that doesn't leave me feeling squeaky clean.

msbettyboop

Anyone use this shampoo? How was it? I prefer a review on natural hair please but will take a relaxed review as well . Beggars can't be choosy. Lol.

It's the best shampoo I've ever used. This and Giovanni smooth and silk shampoo are the only shampoos that don't turn my hair into a dry tangled mess.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

msbettyboop

Damnit, I was sold until... :lol: I can't do with a shampoo that doesn't leave me feeling squeaky clean.

It is definitely not a clarifying shampoo. If you want stripped, squeaky clean hair, you need to use some hideous drying shampoo. When I need to clarify, I use this awful shampoo from Ouidad. The name escapes me now.

Nazaneen

It is definitely not a clarifying shampoo. If you want stripped, squeaky clean hair, you need to use some hideous drying shampoo. When I need to clarify, I use this awful shampoo from Ouidad. The name escapes me now.

I use one from sallys and it tangles me badly :(

Does the creme of nature leave the hair coated feeling?

ikandi87

Im transitioning. ...about 80% natural and this is my go to poo for about a year now. Its perfect for me bc it doesn't tangle, a little goes a long way, and it does make my hair shiny. For my it cleanses my scalp well and doesnt leave it coated. I actually love the way my hair feels after I wash with it. It feels sooo supple! The best part is I can find it literally everywhere!

joyous

I'm natural and this is my favorite shampoo. It leaves my hair detangled without feeling heavily coated.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
well i guess im the only one who did not like this shampoo i didnt like the smell and actually found it to be drying. I like novex or arosci shampoos. They have sulfates but they do not dry or strip my hair. I use cleansing creams on a regular basis though and only use shampoo when I have gel in my hair.

TraciChanel

Hmm... I feel like I must have gotten a bad bottle or something. Because I did not get the results that the majority on here had.

I'm natural (3c/4a) and I used it about two months ago on my hair. It was drying, it tangled my hair, and I had to immediately put a moisturizing cond on (w/ aloe juice) to get the softness back and tangles out. And I only washed once. So I never used it again. The best one IMO, is the old fashioned CON in red (pictured).

Attachments

• image-1278715123.jpg
    image-1278715123.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 48

Lilmama1011

Hmm... I feel like I must have gotten a bad bottle or something. Because I did not get the results that the majority on here had.

I'm natural (3c/4a) and I used it about two months ago on my hair. It was drying, it tangled my hair, and I had to immediately put a moisturizing cond on (w/ aloe juice) to get the softness back and tangles out. And I only washed once. So I never used it again. The best one IMO, is the old fashioned CON in red (pictured).

Oh no......

Lilmama1011

well i guess im the only one who did not like this shampoo i didnt like the smell and actually found it to be drying. I like novex or arosci shampoos. They have sulfates but they do not dry or strip my hair. I use cleansing creams on a regular basis though and only use shampoo when I have gel in my hair.

Losing hope now.... I know it's only one way to find out. I must keep my receipt

Honi

There is no board.
I'd pay good money for the vintage formula if I could find it lol. They screwed up by changing it.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I'm down to my last 12oz of old CON Red. Then I have two 32oz bottles of old CON Green. This should last us quite a while.

Beamodel

I use this shampoo. The Argan oil one is equally good as the original green label (I still have some left).

Very moisturizing. Serious slip. Can detangle extremely. I keep this shampoo in my stash. I love it...

bklynbornNbred

Don't lose hope. I keep CON Argan shampoo in my stash. It's not the original but it is a cost effective second compared to more expensive brands.

I'm in the midst of a long stretch (over 40 weeks). The CON Argan has been so soft on my new growth I'm contemplating transitioning. The weeks I've been lazy with my hair is when I find tangles on the relaxed ends. Once I up my moisturizing & do a pre poo the tangling doesn't happen. Give it a try.

msbettyboop

I use one from sallys and it tangles me badly :( Does the creme of nature leave the hair coated feeling?

Personally, I've never felt any coating. Just clean yet still moisturized and soft hair which is easy to detangle.

Kindheart

It's very softening and detangling ,dont overly like the scent . The conditioner has also softening properties and has great slip.