Creme of Nature Porosity Corrector and Conditioner

chicamorena

Has anyone used this?

Specially developed for the salon professional to help create more even color, perm and relaxer results. Helps protect hair from relaxer, perm or tint damage. Can be used as an all purpose conditioner. Hair looks lustrous, feels beautifully manageable.

DIRECTIONS: General Conditioner: Apply after shampoo. Leave on two minutes, then rinse. Chemical Services: Relaxer or Tint Touch-Ups - Apply Porosity Corrector to previously relaxed or tinted hair prior to touch-up.

texasqt

I use to for no special reason at all and stopped for no reason at all. I just picked up another bottle this weekend since the recent discussions about PC. I can't say anything bad about it and I can say that I didn't have the breakage and stuff that I am trying to tame now when I was using it. Gonna give it a shot this week. Plus, 32 oz. for $8 isn't bad at all!

chicamorena

texasqt said:
I use to for no special reason at all and stopped for no reason at all. I just picked up another bottle this weekend since the recent discussions about PC. I can't say anything bad about it and I can say that I didn't have the breakage and stuff that I am trying to tame now when I was using it. Gonna give it a shot this week. Plus, 32 oz. for $8 isn't bad at all!

Thanks texasqt. I just ran out the Roux porosity control and saw the Creme of Nature one at the beauty supply store up the street from me and thought I'd try this one.

texasqt

Come back and let me (and everyone else) know how it goes! I know I brought it back when I was only using CON products- I had all of their big bottles! Iran out of it and didn't re-buy it because I started switching my products. I try to use an entire product line because I think they are made to work "together."

BUMPING FOR MORE!

chicamorena

texasqt said:
Come back and let me (and everyone else) know how it goes! I know I brought it back when I was only using CON products- I had all of their big bottles! Iran out of it and didn't re-buy it because I started switching my products. I try to use an entire product line because I think they are made to work "together."

BUMPING FOR MORE!

Sure. I probably won't be washing my hair again until later on this week, but I'll make sure to come back and let you guys know how I liked it.

texasqt

Has anyone used it yet?
I have and I like! I can tell the difference in my hair's texture right away and it definitely helps with conditioning.

Aveena

I haven't seen it but how do you apply it topreviously relaxed hair b4 a touch up without it running into the hair that you are about to touch up? or does it matter if it does?

F

texasqt

Fran said:
I haven't seen it but how do you apply it topreviously relaxed hair b4 a touch up without it running into the hair that you are about to touch up? or does it matter if it does?

F

I've done it a few years ago and it doesn't run much and you only need a little. I would cover the previously relaxed hair about 2- 3 inches away from the scalp all the way to the ends.

Kimberly

texasqt said:

That's not bad at all! I'm going to try to pick up a bottle of this when I run out of the Roux Porosity Control....as if I need another bottle of anything! :look:

Aveena

texasqt said:
I've done it a few years ago and it doesn't run much and you only need a little. I would cover the previously relaxed hair about 2- 3 inches away from the scalp all the way to the ends.

thx! so much :)

chicamorena

Well I tried it and to me it is just the same as the Roux version so I'll more than likely stick with the CON version because it's cheaper.

Chromia

I just saw this at the BSS today. I came here to do a search about it and this is the first thread I saw!

Last week I bought a 1.6 oz bottle of the Roux version and I like it. I saw that the Creme of Nature one is cheaper, so I'll buy that.

texasqt

chicamorena said:
Well I tried it and to me it is just the same as the Roux version so I'll more than likely stick with the CON version because it's cheaper.

That's good to hear because I was wondering if there was any difference. Sticking with CON too. If it ain't broke, why fix it, right?

Chromia

I called Colomer (CON's manufacturer) and asked what the pH is. They said that it's 4.0-4.5. I compared the ingredients of the Roux version and the CON version. They have the exact same ingredients, right down to violet #2 and green #5. The only difference is that the ingredients are not listed in the same order on the Roux and CON bottles.

I have some Roux left, so I'll probably start using the CON in a couple of weeks.

Chromia

I did. I used my Roux right after I did a protein treatment (Nexxus Emergencee) last week and I didn't have any problems. I rinsed out the Emergencee, then I applied the Roux and left it in for a minute, then I rinsed and did my DC.

texasqt

elizabeth said:
I called Colomer (CON's manufacturer) and asked what the pH is. They said that it's 4.0-4.5. I compared the ingredients of the Roux version and the CON version. They have the exact same ingredients, right down to violet #2 and green #5. The only difference is that the ingredients are not listed in the same order on the Roux and CON bottles.

I have some Roux left, so I'll probably start using the CON in a couple of weeks.

That's even better!
Could you list the ingredients?

Chromia

texasqt said:
That's even better!
Could you list the ingredients?

Yes I can!

The order of ingredients on the CON bottle:
water, propylene glycol, oleyl betaine, dicetyldimonium chloride, guar hydroxpropyltrimonium choride, lecithin, lactic acid, fragrance, methylparaben, propylparaben, dmdm hydantoin, ext. d&c violet #2, d&c green #5, mica, titanium dioxide

On the Roux bottle:
water (aqua), propylene glycol, dicetyldimonium chloride, oleyl betaine, lecithin, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium choride, dmdm hydantoin, fragrance (parfum), lactic acid, titanium dioxide, mica, methylparaben, propylparaben, violet #2, green #5

I just noticed on my bottle that Roux's manufacturer is Colomer, same as CON. (For those of you who haven't seen the CON bottle, on the back it says it's manufacturered by Revlon Professional, which is owned by Colomer.)

texasqt

elizabeth said:
Yes I can!

The order of ingredients on the CON bottle:
water, propylene glycol, oleyl betaine, dicetyldimonium chloride, guar hydroxpropyltrimonium choride, lecithin, lactic acid, fragrance, methylparaben, propylparaben, dmdm hydantoin, ext. d&c violet #2, d&c green #5, mica, titanium dioxide

On the Roux bottle:
water (aqua), propylene glycol, dicetyldimonium chloride, oleyl betaine, lecithin, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium choride, dmdm hydantoin, fragrance (parfum), lactic acid, titanium dioxide, mica, methylparaben, propylparaben, violet #2, green #5

I just noticed on my bottle that Roux's manufacturer is Colomer, same as CON. (For those of you who haven't seen the CON bottle, on the back it says it's manufacturered by Revlon Professional, which is owned by Colomer.)

Now I don't feel so bad about using a "cheap" product :yay:
Great research! Thanks for sharing!

Mestiza

I just checked Sally's website, but didn't see it. I hope that I can find it at the Asian BSS. I haven'r used a porosity correction conditioner, but have always wanted to try one.

Thanks for the info! :wink2:

taj

Ok! Product junky to the rescue.:lol: I haven't tryed this before, but I have been using the regular porosity control for a few years and I love it.:yay: