Crown and Glory Method....BRAIDS

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
Hey, has anyone actually done the Crown and Glory method of taking care of your hair?? Worn Braids for two months at a time and let your hari breath for two months at a time?? Have you gotten any results from doing this? Doesn't your head itch like crazy?? Anyone know of a good, affordable braider in Atlanta?

HairFanatic01

Yes. I stay in ATL and a great braider is off of Covington Highway. This is a Jamaican salon and she charges 50-60 dollars for cornrows. I've done the crown and glory technique. It is great because braids really help promote growth b/c you have time to give your hair a rest.

carletta

I've done the method, and it works wonders!! My hair has grown so much faster doing this. My scalp didn't itch because I use african royale braid spray "only" on the scalp! In my opionion you can't go wrong with it!

Healthb4Length

I use this method, although not 100% it really works wonders, helped me retained alot of lenght and made taking out braids a breeze.

cybra

Wow, 2 months, huh? Well, I've had wonderful success with braiding my hair, leaving it up for 2 weeks, then taking it down for a week before rebraiding it. I've been doing this for almost a year now and although my length isn't too much more than when I started, because I was slowly cutting off the relaxed hair, the new hair is soooo much thicker and stronger. It's for this reason I am debating whether or not I'll rerelax my hair on my one year anniversary of "no relaxer" in July. I may try to do it one more year, I don't know yet. Thanks for posting how it should be done, maybe starting this summer I'll leave them up for 2 months and then take them down for 2 months, like you said. That's helpful...thank you again.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
I do my daughter's hair this way and has made her hair thicker and longer. Her hair is to the middle of her back. If she wore a bra (she's 9) It would be past bra strap. I leave her braids in a month at a time. Her hair grows fast. I feel the African Pride BRX Braid Spray is the key. I spray (saturate) her hair with it 3 times a week before bed. I even use it on my ends. It's very moisturizing.

garr6982

I am currently doing this method but I also wear protective buns (when braids are out) and no heat.

I will post pics when I get my blow-out done from a Dominican Salon around the first week of June 'cause I have no idea how long my hair is.

I can say that most girls who have gotten braids for maybe 2 months and then take them out experience beautiful and healthy hair.

Braids are great if they are not put in too tight and you keep them moist!

By the way, I have two-strand twist and my stylist works out of her house in Marietta. She had a shop but decided to work from home. She is awesome! She charges about $120 for two-strands depending on the length that you want them. PM me if you would like her contact info.

Prettyinpink00

Hi, can someone please explain the crown and glory method, i was planning on putting my hair in braids for the summer. Is this done with waeave or with your own hair? Thanx:)

nijilah

The crown and glory method is great. Before I had another set back - battle with split ends - it helped me to get over my hump and reach bra strap. That was a few months ago.

**** If I could stick to what works and stop being addicted to trying everything, I would probably have hair to my waist now! ****

Anyway, I plan on doing the crown and glory method this year with the braid challenge. I was in braids for 10 weeks, and now I am taking 1.5 months off. Of course, wearing only protective styles and the baggie method with this bush of hair and the humidity.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Did u learn from the video or did u already know how to braid? I'm trying to get as much info as possible

Miz_Complexity

To PittGirl06 we are doing the Crown and Glory Challenge for 2005 if you are interested in participating. It is a method in which you wear your hair in braids for 2 months and let you hair rest for two months. The key is to stick to a routine while doing this method to ensure growth and maintaining the length of your hair. You can also go to this web site for more information http://www.growafrohairlong.com.