Microbraids(Human Hair) and using the Crown And Glory Method

bluediamond0829

How do you care for micro braids(done with human hair) doing the Crown and Glory method...im so afraid that they will slip out...Has anyone ever did this before...I'm use to at least washing my braids at least once a week when i have the regular braids in my hair...but im kind of tired of getting the regular syntheic braids done...even though i know its easier....

cece22

I braided my hair myself but to prevent them slipping out I braided the down a little over half way. Also I have a tight grip so my braids will not slip out. Be careful with micros this is my last time I will be using pencil size braids from here on out.

kristina

None of my braids slipped out and I wash my hair 1-2 wk. But the lady braided all the way down the the end of my hair since my hair would otherwise curl (it still did a bit). And my braids weren't super duper micro either (there is a lot of my hair in each part).

CAPlush

I don't think you can really do the Crown and Glory Method with micros because she recommends at least pencil-sized or larger braids. If you still want to get micros, I used to have my braider make a knot at the end of the braid. She did this with like 3-4 strands of hair, and you just use a cuticle cutter when you are ready to take them out. This method is more expensive though.

Zeal

I can't really comment. Maybe it is my hair texture. But Mine always slip. I know my hair was not growing that fast. The last time I had braids was 002.

I want to get braids in maybe March when I get some new gowth. Becuase my hair is so short, I am afraid that they will fall out and Everyone will know that I was there. :perplexed

cece22

Here is a picture of my braids my hair is in a TWA and none of my braids or slipping out at all. Oh I forgot to add the braids I have now or exactly the same except I have a TWA and I added a little color.

Attachments

• P1010062.JPG
    P1010062.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 22
  • P1010041websmall.JPG
    P1010041websmall.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited: