curl perms and texturizers..

Zakina

What's the diffrence between a curl perm(like wave nouveau) and a texturizer(like s-curl)? Is one superior when it comes to the health of the hair?

How about long hair that's beeing texturized... I heard that some ppl ended up with a distressed frizzy fro when attempting to texturize long hair, has anyone experianced this?

TIA :)

precious_pup

From what I understand, curly perms tend to be harsher than texturizers. At least that's what a friend told me who does hair for a living. Personally, I have a texturizer, and I even sported one with longer hair. In either case, as long as it is applied properly and taken care of well then there should not be a problem.

Healthb4Length

Safina, a curly perm uses the same exact chemicals as a Jherri curl, that is Thioglocolaate, it can be damaging and drying. A texturizer uses the same chemicals as a relaxer, no-lye or lye relaxer is left on the hair for a shorter periodd of time. A texturizer can be done on short or long hair, and regardless of one's lenght, if the texturizer is not done correctly you can end up with underprocessed or frizzy hair or overprocessed and extremely dry hair.