Curly Merengue or Curly Pudding

Brownchiq

My hair is texturized currently at least thats what I was told. I went to the salon about two weeks ago and the guy washing my hair asked me about two times if I had a relaxer because my hair has some natural curl.
Either way this summer I absolutely loved using curly pudding on my hair however it kinda made my hair hard and I had to use alot of it to keep my hair from frizzing. I was considereing the merengue because the description says that it can be used on relaxed hair.
What are your reviews on the pudding and merengue? WHich would you prefer? Which would you suggest for me?

sunnygirl

Sunnygirl
I tried the Curly Pudding and did not like the way it made my hair feel after it dried. Have you tried Fantasia IC gel w/sparklites? It works much better for me and is sooooooo much more cheaper.

so1913

sunnygirl said:
I tried the Curly Pudding and did not like the way it made my hair feel after it dried. Have you tried Fantasia IC gel w/sparklites? It works much better for me and is sooooooo much more cheaper.

Sorry to but in, but Sunnygirl, you have my hair!!! I'm going to PM you...

Brownchiq

sunnygirl said:

Hi!
Thanks for your reply!
I have heard many people suggest IC Fantasia with sparklites so I went and checked it out this weekend. The only problem is that it looks like/is hair gel. I cant imagine putting that clear gel all the way through my hair. Do have any pictures of your hair after using this? DId it make your hair hard at all?
TIA

so1913

Brownchiq said:
Hi!
Thanks for your reply!
I have heard many people suggest IC Fantasia with sparklites so I went and checked it out this weekend. The only problem is that it looks like/is hair gel. I cant imagine putting that clear gel all the way through my hair. Do have any pictures of your hair after using this? DId it make your hair hard at all?
TIA

Ohhh, back to the question at hand, lol

Curly Pudding and Fantasia Gel actually have very similar consistancies . I used the Fantasia the other day and had similar results as the curly pudding, so I probably won't purchase the Curly Pudding again. I think it's worth giving it a try before you spend the $$ on the CP.

If the CP did not keep your hair from frizzing, I don't think the CM would help because it is a little lighter, with less hold, but it may. I actually found this to be a little more drying :-(

I forgot, I actually have a pic of using the CP in "The Aftermath" folder and using the Fantasia IC in my February 2006 folder (PW and link in siggy). My hair is a little funky, but you can see the results are about the same.

Last edited:

Brownchiq

The CP was fine for my frizzies I just had to use alot = hard hair. I was thinking maybe the Cm might be a lil softer. What do you think? Ill got check out the sparkelites again today. I guess if It doesnt work it wont be a huge loss huh?