"Curly Pudding would elongate the curls for you"

araceli2418

I checked out the Miss Jessie's website due to something I read somewhere. To make a long story short I was looking to see what they had to elongate natural curls and inquired about the Curly Pudding. The person that wrote me back said I could use a blow dryer to help elongate the curls.

Anywayyyy, I see that it's expensive and a lot of you thought it wasn't worth it. My question is could I do the same thing with aloe vera gel to elongate my curls a little?

that_1_grrrl

I have heard of people using aloe vera gel before. I don't see why it wouldn't work. I think a good conditioner would work too.

bermudabeauty

I am newly natural and I bought curly pudding before I did the bc because I thought I would need it yeah right. $22 wasted. My curls are already so defined. All I have to do is run a rat tail comb through it or shingle I think they call it, and it elongates my curls. I use Ampro clear ice gel but I plan on switching to Eco gel once I finish the jar. My $1.99 gel does the same thing as curly pudding but dosen't have that purple bubble gum smell.

lilsparkle825

I have and love my curly pudding -- it does give me less shrinkage, but I won't say that there isn't any shrinkage at all, because that would be a lie. I have also used the blowdryer in conjunction with it to stretch the curls, but I'm not that good at it because I usually end up with some frizz.

chebaby

i wasnt fond of the curly pudding but i am in love with the curly meringue and the baby buttercreme.

CurlyMoo

Curly pudding has mineral oil in it which accounts for the dry crispys. But the hair blings shine.

PatTodd

Any heavy conditioner would do the same thing. Just comb it it through wet hair, squeeze out the excess water to help hair clump together, finger arrange it the way you want it and don't touch it until it dries. I put proclaim gel on top of mine to lock in the curl and prevent frizz and it's not crispy either.

so1913

You don't need curly pudding to use that method. I do this regardless what product I'm using if I'm going for that elongated curls "big hair" look. Just grab your dry hair, stretch downward and give it a shot of the blowdryer down the length for a few secs. Hold the hair in your hands stretched out after you move the blow dryer heat away for a few more sec so that your hair starts to cool with the curls elongated to maintain the length you are now showing and the volume.