Curly Weave help

Wanda

Hello Ladies, I'm getting my summer curly weave and was wondering what can I use to keep my curls from getting dry and drawing up. Last summer my hair was really pretty but I had to constantly spray it with some leave in conditioner. Does anyone know what I can use to keep my hair looking/feeling curly and wet?

Karonica

This should be a little easier to maintain compared to synthetic hair, cuz after a while, synthetic curls can fuzz up. Anyways, have you heard of Sebastian Wet? Crystal told me about it, and I used it on my real hair, and it didn't keep it too wet looking, although it looked nice and oiled. I think you should try that product first. It may just do the trick. Hopefully, she can give you more info.

Wanda

Yes I've tried Sebastian Wet and also Biosilk. It did look great but it dried out very fast. I guess I am trying to find something that will do the trick and at least stay that way for the entire day. I'm sure its out there somewhere....Thank you anyway....

Crystal

Hmmmm. Wet does the trick for me along with Scurl spay. It does dry but it maintains the look. I can use it and go out in the sun all day and it's still fine. Perhaps it's the kind of hair you're using? Where do you get your hair?

I can send you a pic of me with my wavy weave and the wet and let me know if that's the look you're trying to achieve.

Wanda

Well, I live in Los Angeles and I get my hair from a place called His & hers(which also has a website). Could you please send me a picture of yours..Thanks

OnlyChild

Has anyone had good results with maintaining curly weaves? My only experience was a nightmare. I used human hair, but it matted and got really big. It tangles more than straight hair and was a nightmare to comb through.

Crystal

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
OnlyChild said:
Has anyone had good results with maintaining curly weaves? My only experience was a nightmare. I used human hair, but it matted and got really big. It tangles more than straight hair and was a nightmare to comb through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I be rocking my curly weaves. Get a really good grade of Wavy Weave. I wouldn't buy it from the corner Beauty Supply store. I had a co worker who bought her hair from the BS and was mad when it would swell and get all tangled and stuff. She said she went up there to complain and the owner broke it down and told her basically that hair isn't the best. It comes from malnutrioned indian and dead women. So she ordered her hair from where I get mine and was much happier.

So get you a good quality hair. I order mine from either Adorable or Hair factory and it costs about $75 a pack and the hair can be re used.

I wet it all up and then drench it in Curl Activator and then The Wet. The Wet kind of locks it in place.

Good Luck

OnlyChild

Crystal said:
OnlyChild said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I be rocking my curly weaves. Get a really good grade of Wavy Weave. I wouldn't buy it from the corner Beauty Supply store. I had a co worker who bought her hair from the BS and was mad when it would swell and get all tangled and stuff. She said she went up there to complain and the owner broke it down and told her basically that hair isn't the best. It comes from malnutrioned indian and dead women. So she ordered her hair from where I get mine and was much happier.

So get you a good quality hair. I order mine from either Adorable or Hair factory and it costs about $75 a pack and the hair can be re used.

I wet it all up and then drench it in Curl Activator and then The Wet. The Wet kind of locks it in place.

Good Luck

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I assumed that because it was $30 a pack it was good, but now I know what it costs for good wavy hair. I'm used to paying $24.99/pack for some good straight hair.

Faith

Crystal said:
It comes from malnutrioned indian and dead women.

[/ QUOTE ]

See this is why I stopped using human hair. Ewww! Dead women! And God knows who else's hair. I always thought it was synthethic and they attached "human" to the name to sell it but... I'm sorry but no thanks. Sensationnel has good stuff too...their synthethic line. Try their deep wave hair....there are looking more and more real these days.

Karonica

I have the Sensationnel deep wave tracks at home, but it's human hair. But it is really good quality, compared to the crappy Yaki I had last time.