CurlyNikki Responds

LadyRaider

I haven't unsubscribed to anyone over this. Like Elle said, I'm just there for the information. I don't care what their politics are, particularly if they are not putting it in their videos.

LadyRaider

Hah hah... all those links in that post above didn't take long to read because all but one of them were inactive. Doh!

NaturallyATLPCH

I haven't unsubscribed to anyone over this. Like Elle said, I'm just there for the information. I don't care what their politics are, particularly if they are not putting it in their videos.

Honestly had she spoken on it then yes, I probably would've unsubbed depending on her view, but of those she was the only one I was subbed to (I'm not subbed to the others I mentioned for personal reasons). She has always just seemed straight forward and objective over the years since I big chopped and that's what made her cool.

Anyway, moving on along... :lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
It makes a lot of sense for relaxed ladies to be in this movement, because at the end of the day, this goes deeper than hair; it's about total acceptance of the black self.

This is where I am with supporting the Natural Hair Movement (as a Relaxed Head).

For me, it doesn't matter how I wear my Hair, it matters that we all as Black Women face the same issues in the Workplace, the Marketplace, Political and Social issues including Healthcare.

If White Women were suffering with Fibroids at the rate Black Women are, they would have been a cure decades ago. (and that's just one quick example that readily comes to mind).

So, Yes, I can "Cape" for Natural Hair. And if not for Natural Hair, for being a Black Woman in America.

After all, we all face the same discriminatory practices in this Country regardless of "how we wear our hair"

And to be quite frank, I've run into a lot of Oreo's on the job that were sporting natural hair.

So, just because you wear your hair "Natural" don't mean you're down with the movement.

The former CEO where I work sported a TWA for the 12-13 years she ran the company and was the biggest, hugest, Uncle Tom since Clarence Thomas. Maybe the Biggest one on the Planet.

So don't get it twisted and equate "Blackness" with Natural-ness.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
So I should cheer you on, but not have a say on how it affects my people? I should be disrespected but not have a feeling about it because you have an Afro and I don't? You have a right to be more passionate about it that me, meanwhile your criticizing people who are supporting the movement for whatever reason they feel? Instead of trying to curb ignorance?

Maybe you have no problem living on a "side line" from time to time, but I do.

You've redirected the topic just like Nikki, but from this moment on I refuse to come back in this thread. I leave it at that, because you and Nikki are not worth my time anymore.

Saludable84 watch ppl liken this discourse to being similar to us "excluding" Becky an em. Imo it isn't the same because regardless of whether blk women relax or go natural, we are all are affect the same.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

cami88

Oh God, why do we have to do this? Questioning blackness, calling folks coons, uncle toms, and new blacks? Can we not all come together over this one issue, applauding those who support our stance, and respectfully disagreeing with those who don't, without accusing each other of not being black enough? We are ALL black in here, and personal views/opinions do not take away from that.

Sent from my galaxy s4 using LHCF

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Saludable84 watch ppl liken this discourse to being similar to us "excluding" Becky an em. Imo it isn't the same because regardless of whether blk women relax or go natural, we are all are affect the same. Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

I definitely agree. Someone bought up Jim Crow to me the other day because of something at my job the other day and as I was writing this I really thought about separate but equal. We can't all be for one thing while letting some separate us at the same time. There will always be a few bad apples, but in order to get up and get past, we have to stomp down what's kept us down in the first place. I didn't mean to get so rude and upset, but it important we all accept each other.

EnExitStageLeft
Next time I come to ATL, I really need to meet you!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
So, just because you wear your hair "Natural" don't mean you're down with the movement. The former CEO where I work sported a TWA for the 12-13 years she ran the company and was the biggest, hugest, Uncle Tom since Clarence Thomas. Maybe the Biggest one on the Planet. So don't get it twisted and equate "Blackness" with Natural-ness.

It's true though. There is a women at my job who is natural and has a cute Fro with a nice texture and curl pattern. I used to tell her all the time her hair was nice until she told me she wasn't natural by choice but because her hair can't handle relaxing. I told her it looks good on her but she said "eh, I care for it I just enough to make it look good" because she is a supervisor. She keeps is bleached blond and neat, but that's about it because she does not like her hair. I was talking to her one day in the bathroom and her attitude over her own hair was so negative. She never fails to let me know she wants my hair and never have I seen her compliment any natural women's hair. Only relaxed. And this was about 3-4 years ago I first met her and had to work closely with her and realized that not everyone is for acceptance.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I feel I can use any term I feel appropriate to apply to the situation in the Workplace I experience for 12+ Years. And I'm Grown.

So, for the sake of being P.C. let's just say, this particular woman had a Great Affinity for White Women. (White people in general).

I think she was upset & disappointed when her only Son married a Black woman instead of a White Women (yeah it was that deep).

Black women, Relaxed, Natural, Braided, BKT'ed Twisted Out whatever...sat there and watched this woman steadily 'promote' less qualified White Women at a faster pace than well educated Credentialed Black Women.

She looked at other Black Women as a "Threat"

Before she came and took over, Well qualified Black Women held spots as General Counsel and various /numerous VP positions.

She came in and dismantled everything and put a bunch of 'lesser' qualified White Women & Men in many of those spots where Black Women were kickin' butt & takin' names.

In the end however, her White inner Circle set her up and she ended up being forced out of the Organization into retirement.

She will forever be the Biggest Sell-Out I have ever seen to this date.

Yeah....She may have 'looked' the part and being down for "The Movement" but trust me, her actions and her decisions demonstrated something entirely different.

cami88

I feel I can use any term I feel appropriate to apply to the situation in the Workplace I experience for 12+ Years. And I'm Grown.

So, for the sake of being P.C. let's just say, this particular woman had a Great Affinity for White Women. (White people in general).

I think she was upset & disappointed when her only Son married a Black woman instead of a White Women (yeah it was that deep).

Black women, Relaxed, Natural, Braided, BKT'ed Twisted Out whatever...sat there and watched this woman steadily 'promote' less qualified White Women at a faster pace than well educated Credentialed Black Women.

She looked at other Black Women as a "Threat"

Before she came and took over, Well qualified Black Women held spots as General Counsel and various /numerous VP positions.

She came in and dismantled everything and put a bunch of 'lesser' qualified White Women & Men in many of those spots where Black Women were kickin' butt & takin' names.

In the end however, her White inner Circle set her up and she ended up being forced out of the Organization into retirement.

She will forever be the Biggest Sell-Out I have ever seen to this date.

Yeah....She may have 'looked' the part and being down for "The Movement" but trust me, her actions and her decisions demonstrated something entirely different.

I don't know what any of this has to do with anything. I'm wasn't commenting on the workplace politics at your job. I was referring to the divisive tactics used by others in calling names and questioning folks blackness.

Sent from my galaxy s4 using LHCF

MissC320

Saludable84 watch ppl liken this discourse to being similar to us "excluding" Becky an em. Imo it isn't the same because regardless of whether blk women relax or go natural, we are all are affect the same. Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

No we are not. Which is why I had more disapproval for going natural from black women then I did from WW. Don't try and put words in my mouth. If you are relaxed you ARE NOT NATURAL! If you are a WW you ARE NOT TEAM NATURAL.

MissC320

I feel I can use any term I feel appropriate to apply to the situation in the Workplace I experience for 12+ Years. And I'm Grown. So, for the sake of being P.C. let's just say, this particular woman had a Great Affinity for White Women. (White people in general). I think she was upset & disappointed when her only Son married a Black woman instead of a White Women (yeah it was that deep). Black women, Relaxed, Natural, Braided, BKT'ed Twisted Out whatever...sat there and watched this woman steadily 'promote' less qualified White Women at a faster pace than well educated Credentialed Black Women. She looked at other Black Women as a "Threat" Before she came and took over, Well qualified Black Women held spots as General Counsel and various /numerous VP positions. She came in and dismantled everything and put a bunch of 'lesser' qualified White Women & Men in many of those spots where Black Women were kickin' butt & takin' names. In the end however, her White inner Circle set her up and she ended up being forced out of the Organization into retirement. She will forever be the Biggest Sell-Out I have ever seen to this date. Yeah....She may have 'looked' the part and being down for "The Movement" but trust me, her actions and her decisions demonstrated something entirely different.

What do your work place politics have to do with anything?......
I'm TEAM NATURAL. I'm all for BW loving themselves the way they are naturally. I don't knock other black woman. I don't need some relaxed head telling me who should and should not be on MY TEAM.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
It's like Feminism and Black Feminism. In my opinion it works similarly.

And in this case I am pretty sure going natural in the way it means for us came first.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
No we are not. Which is why I had more disapproval for going natural from black women then I did from WW. Don't try and put words in my mouth. If you are relaxed you ARE NOT NATURAL! If you are a WW you ARE NOT TEAM NATURAL.

I wasn't speaking for you and thus wasn't putting words in your mouth.

Obviously relaxed ladies are not natural and would thus not be featured as a natural icon on a blog, nor would they claim #teamnatural with a pic of relaxed hair on Instagram (as some white women have brazenly done). No one is disputing that.

We're confusing the issue here. Most ppl are now speaking of support for the movement. Yes, relaxed ladies can support and should because their hair grows out nappy. :yep: Also a relaxed head can choose to go natural. On the other hand, white women can't do that. Therefore "natural" in this context doesn't and will never belong nor apply to them. I hope that made more sense.

SuchaLady

Why are you so angry? And why are you yelling?

Honey Bee

No we are not. Which is why I had more disapproval for going natural from black women then I did from WW.
I was waiting for this, never fails. :lol:

If you are relaxed you ARE NOT NATURAL! If you are a WW you ARE NOT TEAM NATURAL.
Interesting that you wrote two different things. No, if you are relaxed, you are not natural. Duh. But you can, however, be '#teamnatural' as in, supporting the movement. What if you're relaxed and have three natural daughters? Or if you're transitioning? One month post? What about three years post? It starts gettting a lil ridiculous at a certain point.

Signed,
One year post with relaxed ends #teamnatural

Who gon check me, boo?! :lol:

EnExitStageLeft

Froreal3

MissC320 Can't seem to fathom how one group can support something that doesn't immediately affect them. I tried explaining it, but she called me and a couple others trolls and implied how she wouldn't "feed" us anymore and dipped.

MissC320

I never said they couldn't support. I said they shouldn't dictate. They can cheer in the corner next to Becky. :p

MissC320

I was waiting for this, never fails. :lol: Interesting that you wrote two different things. No, if you are relaxed, you are not natural. Duh. But you can, however, be '#teamnatural' as in, supporting the movement. What if you're relaxed and have three natural daughters? Or if you're transitioning? One month post? What about three years post? It starts gettting a lil ridiculous at a certain point. Signed, One year post with relaxed ends #teamnatural Who gon check me, boo?! :lol:

Welcome to the team. O_O

Honey Bee

I never said they couldn't support. I said they shouldn't dictate. They can cheer in the corner next to Becky. :p
But who was dictating? And what is there to dictate? I thought the 'movement' was pretty much solidified that '#teamnatural is for Africans, at home and abroad'. :)look: sorry 'bout that, Mr. Garvey :giggle:)

EnExitStageLeft

MissC320

Because they relax their hair, they basically want to be "Becky". Right? :lachen:

This isn't a Relaxed vs. Natural debate, so please do me a favor and miss me with that.

Please and Thanks:)!

Also, what's your definition of support? Because as I remember it, people didn't have to show their support on some sorry behind "sidelines".

Non-blacks whom supported the civil rights movement walked side by side with the same BLACKS this movement directly affected, though it didn't really benefit them at all.

So my question to you is...

Why can't a relaxed haired BLACK woman, support a natural haired BLACK woman side by side in a "fight" to preserve a movement that wholeheartedly represents the BLACK woman?

Again, you're not making sense to me?:look:

SmileyNY

I was waiting for this, never fails. :lol:

Interesting that you wrote two different things. No, if you are relaxed, you are not natural. Duh. But you can, however, be '#teamnatural' as in, supporting the movement. What if you're relaxed and have three natural daughters? Or if you're transitioning? One month post? What about three years post? It starts gettting a lil ridiculous at a certain point.

Signed,
One year post with relaxed ends #teamnatural

Who gon check me, boo?! :lol:

Nice! No one can check you, boo! :lol:

I think tranistioners like you & relaxed heads who support the natural movement are more #TEAMNATURAL than the militant naturals who treat #teamnatural like some sort of exclusive group that makes them better than anyone else.

IMO, #teamnatural is about black women supporting, encouraging, and educating one another about natural hair.

It's not a therapy group for needy insecure types who have a strong selfish need to feel more "special" than others :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GoldenRule

MissC320

Because they relax their hair, they basically want to be "Becky". Right? :lachen:

This isn't a Relaxed vs. Natural debate, so please do me a favor and miss me with that.

Please and Thanks:)!

Also, what's your definition of support? Because as I remember it, people didn't have to show their support on some sorry behind "sidelines".

Non-blacks whom supported the civil rights movement walked side by side with the same BLACKS this movement directly affected, though it didn't really benefit them at all.

So my question to you is...

Why can't a relaxed haired BLACK woman, support a natural haired BLACK woman side by side in a "fight" to preserve a movement that wholeheartedly represents the BLACK woman?

Again, you're not making sense to me?:look:

I agree. This is about something being stolen from the black woman (yet again). It isn't all about the hair and the status of one's head need not disqualify them from supporting "team natural".