CurlyNikki Responds

Mz.MoMo5235

Saludable84 makes me think of transformers. Love that movie!

curlytwirly06 I just dont understand why its so hard for us to stick together. I really don't get it. We dont all have to agree 100% no questions asked! Just stick together as a people though

ronie I hate when I buy snacks for other people but I end up being the primary or only consumer of said snacks :look: nice to see I'm not alone lol

marta9227 fully agree... but when you put "drops mike" I read drop MILK! :lol:
I was like "NNNOOOOO!!!!!! WHAT ABOUT THE COOKIES?!"

aquajoyice

I was waiting for this, never fails. :lol:

Interesting that you wrote two different things. No, if you are relaxed, you are not natural. Duh. But you can, however, be '#teamnatural' as in, supporting the movement. What if you're relaxed and have three natural daughters? Or if you're transitioning? One month post? What about three years post? It starts gettting a lil ridiculous at a certain point.

Signed,
One year post with relaxed ends #teamnatural

Who gon check me, boo?! :lol:

I love this come back :lol: and agree with everything you've said here. What's most important to understand is that relaxers may permanently change the texture of your hair but since our hair continues to grow there is a point when you deal with the texture that society tells you is bad. Being relaxed doesn't mean you can't be part of the movement because on some level you still have to deal with the negative labels of having kinky hair. That's the real issue. We have to remember that coming together is more important than segmenting based on some ridiculous notion.

RockRideTrue

I disagree with her stance on the issue. But really, don't attack her (or each other),don't read her blog anymore (or the posts of those who you can't be civil with). It was becoming repetitive anyways. There are plenty of black bloggers who thinks the same way on the issue.

Either you're for integration of the "natural hair movement" or you know integration on issues like this never works well for black women. We always end getting the short end of the stick...

Still,no matter the stance,be respectful.

Last edited:

Honey Bee

Psssst. :sekret: If this whole thing riled you up, come join us in taking action.

Find us over here... and then follow the breadcrumbs. :sekret:

rawsilk

You have no idea how great it feels to hear that -- thank you MissCrawford.

I have shared before that I REALLY wish that I had daughters because I feel like I have so many lessons to share that have been hard (hard!) learned/won. So ... I'm happy to report that the "adopting a lil' brown girl from 'somewhere'" topic is back at the top of priority list. (I had to get the household on board w/ the big plan ;) ). Anyway, hence the absence; been kind of busy and emotionally consumed. Pray for us that this goes smoothly and that God's plan continues to reveal itself clearly and with sense of ease, purpose and joy ...

rawsilk

That....was....AMAZING!!! you said everything I could not find the words to say. I am so empowered right now. My future was bright but now it is GLEAMING!!

rawsilk

Thank you for saying that kellistarr -- as I mentioned above, it means a lot to know that one's words inspire.
I came back to this post to read up on others thoughts and opinions and read rawsilk's post.

rawsilk Wow, that was incredibly moving; refreshed my memory, put things in proper perspective, brought back good ol' times and bad ones and was beautifully stated.