Curve Cut-Updated Album!

asummertyme

oooh so pretty! when my haor grows out i plan on going there as well..if u dont mind my asking...what was ur cost?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
nevermind...i see that its not a chemical procedure...dag that curly pudding and curly butter cream is $$$$$$! I would love to try this though but dag I ain't rollin' like that! :)

so1913

caligirl said:
I LOVE your hair! What do you use to secure your puff?

I just use a doubled up ouchless headband, they come in a pack of 8. A new band may take some time to stretch out to fit not to be too tight (some bands are more stretchy or )tight when you first use them) but once it's just right the puff works :-

so1913

asummertyme said:
oooh so pretty! when my haor grows out i plan on going there as well..if u dont mind my asking...what was ur cost?

Giiiiiirl, $245 for a cut and "shingling" style. They show you how to do styling at home, I think most people go in every 3 to 4 months for silkeners, colors, and cuts. I will go back for the cut but plan to maintain myself.

so1913

PittGirl06 said:
nevermind...i see that its not a chemical procedure...dag that curly pudding and curly butter cream is $$$$$$! I would love to try this though but dag I ain't rollin' like that! :)

I know, lol. But I hear there are some good cheaper alternatives, at least for the curly pudding. I may try them when this is up. Curly Custard I heard at http://www.kinky-curly.com and BBD Glass http://www.bigbadd.com

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
They did a good job with the cut! My hair is veeeeeery uneven so I'm thinking about driving down to NY in the spring to have it evened out.

It's beautiful look, how long does the shingling last? Can you go to sleep and spritz in the morning?

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Your hair looks really cute I think you did a good job and over time will coem up withe a buch of style you can do yourself. I really like the results of the curly pudding. I have a ?, what are your results form the BBd stretch cream, does it really prevent breakage immediately, do you have to use alot, and is there anywhere possible to get it for a cheaper price? I would love to start using this if it really does stop breakage completely. Because for $45 bucks for a 16oz jar it would have to do exactly what it says, LOL, I mean I would be pissed if I saw 1 hair in the comb, :lachen: .

so1913

nurseN98 said:
They did a good job with the cut! My hair is veeeeeery uneven so I'm thinking about driving down to NY in the spring to have it evened out.

It's beautiful look, how long does the shingling last? Can you go to sleep and spritz in the morning?

from what I was told, it can last up to 5 days depending on hair type, weather, etc. When I had it done in the salon, and the trainee did it (which I found out from my manager that only Miko or Titi is supposed to do the shingling) I rinsed out when I got home because there was way too much product and it was weighing my hair down, so I didn't see how long it would have lasted. This is the first time I've done it myself since having it done in the salon so we'll see how long it lasts.

With natural hair (not silkened) they do not recomment re-wetting because it will frizz and poof up.

so1913

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Your hair looks really cute I think you did a good job and over time will coem up withe a buch of style you can do yourself. I really like the results of the curly pudding. I have a ?, what are your results form the BBd stretch cream, does it really prevent breakage immediately, do you have to use alot, and is there anywhere possible to get it for a cheaper price? I would love to start using this if it really does stop breakage completely. Because for $45 bucks for a 16oz jar it would have to do exactly what it says, LOL, I mean I would be pissed if I saw 1 hair in the comb, :lachen: .

hahah, well, I never really had damaged hair while using this, so I can't say if it actually "stops" anything, but I always liked the condition of my hair while using this. This is the first time in a while that I'll be using it regularly. The product can last a VERY long time depending on how you use it. If you decide to just use it as a leave in after your normal conditioning, the jar lasts forever as you probably will use a quarter size amount each time. I always liked how my hair came out when I used it in the past as a leave in. Now I am giving it a shot as a deep conditioner where you have to use a lot more to saturate the hair and sit under the drier so I'll go through the jar a lot quicker.

so1913

MeccaMedinah said:
Your hair looks great! The pic with the 2 strand twistout that you pinned back, did you do flat twists?

No, those were regular individual two strand twists gone wrong!!! LOL!

balisi

Looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing your results. I'm a big fan of Curve products. I've found that the longer my hair is, the longer the shingling results last. This may also be due to the fact that I've somewhat perfected the technique.

so1913

msportugal said:
thats a nice cut, how much did they actually chop?

thanks...about 3 inches off the top/front to remove straight ends and and less towards the back, no more than an inch towards the back.

CoveredGirl

You and your hair is very pretty!! I think you did a great job at hiding the "straight" hairs in the front you were talking about because I honestly don't see them. How long is your hair now?