Cvs Products

syze6

Hello ladies,

I was in CVS yesterday, to my suprise they carried alot of products found in Salons or Carson's. They had Nexxus, Redkin, Paul Mitchell, Aveda and some others. I had no idea they supplied these products. I purchased the Netrogena Hair serum and it made my air-dried hair soft.This is a keeper for me. I was tempted to purchase the leave in foam but my sisters of LHCF didn't mention the foam. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Did anyone else know about CVS?

There was a thread on this a month or so ago. Apparently the quality of the salon brands is questionable & not guaranteed when they are sold at places like CVS.

I went looking for the thread (took me a while to find it too /images/graemlins/rofl.gif ) Anyway, I mentioned before to be careful about those products. Here is the THREAD

Why would CVS take such a risk? You can go to jail for selling counterfit products, especially since Nexxus is liable in the end. I'm not sure about this /images/graemlins/nono.gif. I've purchased Nexxus products @ RiteAid in the past. And when we used to have Drug Emporium/F&M I bought Sebastian's and Paul Mitchell there. They later started carrying most of the Matrix line. I think much like Sally's they'd have to use those 'generic' bottles if they were tampering w/the products. I think they are fine, they aren't any cheaper than the salon prices so I'm missing the benefit to CVS.

In my area all the pharmacies carry these products, even supermarkets. Actually I don't think they can be prosecuted. If a consumer buys a Nexxus product from a supermarket/pharmacy and somethings happens to them they are actually on their own, because the product says to purchase only in a salon so Nexxus would not be liable.

I just saw a Paul Mitchell commercial last night and he was saying how the only guaranteed products are at salons and not at chain stores or supermarkets. What I gather is that places like CVS get old bottles and therefor the quality of the product can't be guaranteed. I'm not sure how long most hair products shelf lives are, but at the CVS near my job they have the Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer and it's $25 (although Aveda's sugg. retail price is $21), I'd rather pay that much for it at a salon and know it's "fresh".

Back