Dabur brand Vatika Enriched Coconut Oil

GodsGrace

:lachen:I know right, yea I didn't read the instructions til after the disaster. Reading is fundamental...my motto to live by now.

:lachen::bighug:
I'll do a pre-poo with it and see how it goes, and if it smells good. I actually like the smell of the Amla, so hopefully I will like this as well.

pink gator

Pink Gator...your office sounds like tons of fun. Glam squad indeed! LOL I love feedback and ideas from all over....sometimes you find the best idea from the place you least expect.

I'm slowly learning that ALL women have concerns about growing long, healthy hair! I naively thought that only black women have had issues.

Yeah, it's fun...we sometimes pair off and do "themes" for shopping, like going to "smell" lunch (looking for fragrances), and stuff like that! LOL!

Hairicome

I brought the same one. I've been using it for 1 week now and I like it. My hair it so soft and the smell is not noticeable to me. I baggy everynight with it. and currently I have it in my hair with a coconut cream conditioner as a pre-poo. I'll rinse it out in the morning and put a little more in and baggy again under my wig. It's a keeper for me.

chebaby

i ordered it and am waiting for it to get here. i get a relaxer this saturday. the week after that i will pro poo with this oil mixed with sitrinilla conditioner. i will only use it as a pre poo as i have already found my sealant i love.

jazzyto

I bought some earlier this week from an Indian store but the smell is too weird to leave in my hair. I will mostly cowash and prepoo with it.

SignatureBeauty

I love the smell of the Dabur Vatika Coconut Oil, it smells like fresh toasted coconuts with lemon, now some of those other oils is just to stanky, I can't even use them. but the vatika makes newgrowth very soft. I use it as a pre-poo.

chebaby

I love the smell of the Dabur Vatika Coconut Oil, it smells like fresh toasted coconuts with lemon, now some of those other oils is just to stanky, I can't even use them. but the vatika makes newgrowth very soft. I use it as a pre-poo.
see, now i really cant wait until mine gets here.

empressri

I loveee vatika!! I've been using it for about three years now. I use it as a prepoo, or I'll just leave some in, particularly in the winter.

I know they say that oil doesn't moisturize, but I swear the vatika moisturizes my hair. And it's weird, it has waterish properties. I remember last winter I went out and it was FREEZING! I had my hair flat ironed cause I'd just gotten a trim, and my hair was doused in vatika oil. LO AND BEHOLD would you believe it was so cold outside my hair froze into place!!!!!

I was like :shocked: but once I got indoors my hair dethawed lol. It didn't get frizzy either!!! I was like whoaaaaaaaaaaa this is some serious stuff!!! Mind you, there was no water based stuff in my hair prior to the vatika.

I think it helps with growth. I really don't measure mine, but it just might. My hair took off I remember after using it my first winter.

Oh, and I notice, the fresher the batch of oil, the more tolerable the scent. Or you can always experiment and add your own fragrance oil or something else to your hair.

chebaby

I loveee vatika!! I've been using it for about three years now. I use it as a prepoo, or I'll just leave some in, particularly in the winter.

I know they say that oil doesn't moisturize, but I swear the vatika moisturizes my hair. And it's weird, it has waterish properties. I remember last winter I went out and it was FREEZING! I had my hair flat ironed cause I'd just gotten a trim, and my hair was doused in vatika oil. LO AND BEHOLD would you believe it was so cold outside my hair froze into place!!!!!

I was like :shocked: but once I got indoors my hair dethawed lol. It didn't get frizzy either!!! I was like whoaaaaaaaaaaa this is some serious stuff!!! Mind you, there was no water based stuff in my hair prior to the vatika.

I think it helps with growth. I really don't measure mine, but it just might. My hair took off I remember after using it my first winter.

Oh, and I notice, the fresher the batch of oil, the more tolerable the scent. Or you can always experiment and add your own fragrance oil or something else to your hair.
it freezes because coconut oil is the base and coconut solidifies at a certain temp. but thanx for that info. i will use mine on the scalp and as a prepoo.

chebaby

darnit. my order didnt go through. DMV ladies where do you get your oil. i need a store not online.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Yes...over time. Almost every vedic herb commonly used for hair has darkening action.
I can vouch for this. Within 2 weeks of use my stubborn grays lessened significantly. It also has a sheen that I've never had before. I love it!

LoveLiLi

darnit. my order didnt go through. DMV ladies where do you get your oil. i need a store not online.

I'm in the Rockville area and I get my vatika oil and other Indian products from an indian grocer on Great Seneca (it's in the shopping plaza where the Dairy Queen is, next to the gym).

I also go to a place on Wisteria (off of Great Seneca). It's in an industrial looking area by the four-way intersection.

There's also and Indian grocer (Malabar's?) on Quince Orchard in the shopping plaza where the Chevy's is located. You can't see it from the street, but it's behind the barber shop.

There's another Indian Grocer on 355 in a shopping center (College Plaza?), it's by a Magruder's (sp) and there's a Papa John's and some other stuff going on over there.

chebaby

OT: I know it's sad, but I like, just figured that out about a month or so ago.

I used to wonder why they were calling themselves the Department of Motor Vehicles :nono:
LMAO thats too funny.

i found a place. and let me tell you i traveled far and wide(next time i will order off line because this place is too far). i picked up 2 vatika oils and 1 amla gold oil. i hate the smell of the vatika but the amla just smells like bad cologne.

LaidBak

LMAO thats too funny.

i found a place. and let me tell you i traveled far and wide(next time i will order off line because this place is too far). i picked up 2 vatika oils and 1 amla gold oil. i hate the smell of the vatika but the amla just smells like bad cologne.

Are you in the D, the M, or the V? I am in the V and I found some at the Indian grocer right near my house (Alexandria). It seems a shame that you have to order it online (so much more expensive!) And yes Alma Gold does smell like bad cologne. I am thinking of adding some vanila extract to them both to improve the smell.

sheba1

I love this oil! And my bf loves the smell! hahahaha I know it's potent, but I'll take the smell of it over my trusted Amla oil any day. My Amla oil has mineral oil in it so I use it for prepoos almost exclusively. My Vatika, though, I just rub that stuff in at will! I just love the thought of that ingredient list being carried into my hair shaft along with the coconut oil. :lick:

There's a thread where an lhcfer using it on her scalp experienced growth here

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I love this oil. I use it for sealing at night. I like the smell of it too:drunk:. Makes me feel like I have healthy hair.

Tigerlily25

Okay, let me understand this...Vatika Oil has Henna powders in it and Henna is a protein...right? Do I have this right? I'm asking due to the fiasco I had with MegaTek turning my hair stringy...

IndianAngel22

I love it and I love the smell! I use it everyday on scalp and my ends for moisturizing/nourishing. I don't like moisturizers so I use this and if I feel I need some moisturizer I use this to seal. I use it for everything an it's so light :) And I love the smell. It smells like soap after it's on my hair :) YUMMMMM

chebaby

Are you in the D, the M, or the V? I am in the V and I found some at the Indian grocer right near my house (Alexandria). It seems a shame that you have to order it online (so much more expensive!) And yes Alma Gold does smell like bad cologne. I am thinking of adding some vanila extract to them both to improve the smell.
im in the D. i traveled to virginia to get it but i cant remember what part of va. the thing is if i go straight to the place(if i can remember) it may not take that long. but we went to 2 other places before hand looking so it seemed like it took all day(and it really did AND this was like the hottest day).

LaidBak

im in the D. i traveled to virginia to get it but i cant remember what part of va. the thing is if i go straight to the place(if i can remember) it may not take that long. but we went to 2 other places before hand looking so it seemed like it took all day(and it really did AND this was like the hottest day).

Well my Dear, there is a Safeway at 299 S Van Dorn in Alexandria. Right next to that is an Indian grocery with all that ayurvedic stuff, oils, powders, vatika, alma, etc. Its a straight shot down 395 to exit 3 Landmark. Or you can take metro to the Van Dorn Station.
OK hope this helps!

LivingDol1

i just bought vatika oil by this brand for my dry scalp. i am curious about the benefits of incorporating into my routine and i like the idea of it darkening my hair over time. i have a red tint over my naturally dark hair. not sure if that is a sign of damage? anyway, i bought mine for 2.99 and almost walked out of the indian grocery store with a few bottles of other oils but quickly stopped myself. :) trying to control the PJ in me. ;)

LaidBak

I just couldn't do it. It stank so bad. I added peppermint oil to it, but that didn't help. It just smells so bad. Maybe I had a old batch but I am not putting that stuff on my head.