Daily Co washers...come hither!

sassyhair

I would like to know if manipulating your hair everyday while wet scares you. It scares me a lil...my hair is most fragile while wet. I use a shower comb and a denman brush.

I comb in the shower under the water, then I comb in leave-in and brush with the denman to smooth into two bantu knots.

I did not see too many hairs in my brush and comb but I do not want it to increase over the days.

insight please! TIA!

i have been cowashing daily for years with no problem. I only comb once a week in the shower. Usually wear a shrunken fro daily. I haven't had too many problems with shedding or breakage. every once in a while i have a setback that's about it. but daily wetting is not in and of itself the problem.

ok, i see you are natural...so you dont need to comb as much...I am relaxed and need to detangle my hair and put it up to dry so I can style as usual.

sassyhair said:
I would like to know if manipulating your hair everyday while wet scares you. It scares me a lil...my hair is most fragile while wet. I use a shower comb and a denman brush.

I comb in the shower under the water, then I comb in leave-in and brush with the denman to smooth into two bantu knots.

I did not see too many hairs in my brush and comb but I do not want it to increase over the days.

insight please! TIA!

I am 4b relaxed and don't own a brush. I'm scared to brush my dry hair and terrified at the thought of brushing wet hair!

My only caution, even if not immediate, thinning problems may develop over time so keep and eye out . . .

I co-wash or wash everyday. Manipulating my hair every day while wet does not scare me -- but thinking of combing or handling my hair when dry scares me a lot.

My hair is very dry in general. Co-washing and detangling daily in the shower has kept it from breaking. I do get shed hairs that come out when detangling in the shower but I don't get any broken hairs when detangling while wet.

I co-wash daily.

But I don't brush ...only comb ...when hair is half way dry. I never have problems with breakage during comb-out.

I use a good conditioner that detangles and moisturizes (I alternate: Robert Craig, Nutri-Protect, or Paul Mitchell Daily Instant Moisture). These are all very good.

Then I towel blot. Shake. Sometimes sit in front of a fan to dry. Otherwise just dry loose.

It takes about an hour because I don't apply products till half way dry.

At the half way point, I apply a dab of oil moisturizer, THEN COMB, then let my hair finish drying. I don't put a wet moisturizer on till dry. That speeds up the drying.

Then I put in a few Caruso rollers and comb out.

So I comb my hair about twice a day.

It doesn't damage.
On the contrary, coming hair hours after a washing frightens me.
I only like combing freshly washed hair, which is why I co-wash daily.

I'd be scared of used the Denman on wet hair, though. :eek: ...unless I was natural.

ravenmerlita said:
I co-wash or wash everyday. Manipulating my hair every day while wet does not scare me -- but thinking of combing or handling my hair when dry scares me a lot.

My hair is very dry in general. Co-washing and detangling daily in the shower has kept it from breaking. I do get shed hairs that come out when detangling in the shower but I don't get any broken hairs when detangling while wet.

Oh, I should have read this first. Then I could have just said "Ditto!"

Seems like most of you air dry loose, and dont need to brush...but for me it is needed because I need to smooth my hair into bantu knots so I can flatten my new growth. I think as I progress with co washing, the issue will get better. For the next three weeks I will do this religously...every other day I will use a lil shampoo to clarify the cones.

I've been doing it for a looooooong time with no problems. I use as shower comb only.

sassyhair said:
Seems like most of you air dry loose, and dont need to brush...but for me it is needed because I need to smooth my hair into bantu knots so I can flatten my new growth. I think as I progress with co washing, the issue will get better. For the next three weeks I will do this religously...every other day I will use a lil shampoo to clarify the cones.

every other day seems a bit much. Would an ACV rinse help remove the cones instead?

I used to poo every third wash ..but with a low sudsing poo.

All of my stuff has cones in it, so that is why I said every other day...im not talking about clarifying shampoo, regular shampoo. I have never tried a ACV rinse...too lazy to get that mixture together.

I sometimes brush while wet...

But only to smooth my edges. lol. I always airdry into a bun and sometimes the comb doesnt smooth enough. My hair does fine.

I feel the same way you do gold...my hair does not smooth at all into a bun while wet with a comb...i need a brush in my life and a denman brush is not supposed to be bad right?

You know what today was my first time co washing in almost a year. I am loving the way my hair feels now, i washed with mnt conditioner and I conditioned with silk elements and aphogee balancing conditioner...then i used infusium and DnL naturally soothing chamomile wave moisturizer (something I had from when I texturized my hair a while ago). my hair is super duper soft and smooth yall...yippeee skippeee...all I need now is a phony pony

Back