Thanks Tkj25! My Review of the Denman D12 Comb

Libra08

I loved it! :grin: I was a little skeptical because I didn't think a little comb like that could match my natural hair. But it proved me wrong. I detangled with my jilbere shower comb first, then detangled with the Denman D12. The D12 did a great job at removing the shed hair that my jilbere shower comb misses, but it doesn't define my curls or get my hair really smooth like my Denman D3 brush so I used my Denman brush to smooth my hair for the last step. All in all though, it's a great detangling comb for only $1.99! I did a ponytail rollerset, and I also used it to smooth my hair before rolling instead of using a fine tooth comb. I beleive this would be a great alternative for people who want to try a Denman, but are scared of the brushes causing breakage and split ends. I really wanted the blue one but all my Sally's had were the grey ones :ohwell: This weekend I'm going to go back and buy the three they had left. This comb is definately a keeper!

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I have the comb too, and I like it. I actually purchased both the Denman D12 comb and that other one that looks just like it (forgot the name, I think it begins with an M). I like both. I know that Tkj25 recommended not to get the other one cause of the paint rub-off, but when I felt the tips of the Denman comb, it didn't feel as seamless as the other one...so I just got both.

I am grateful for knowing that those combs exist! Thank you, TKj25!

infojunkie

TKj25, you're a peach. I did buy this on your recommendation but I was little intimidated by it at first. Looked like it would eat me alive :look:. After rinisng my natural hair of my ayurvedic tea rinse. I made 5 sections and proceeded to detangle. I cut through my hair so fast I went back through with a regular comb to make sure I really had detangled it all the way to the root. I was stunned. Then I was looking on the floor for the rest of the hair because I always have a lot of hair after detangling. With this comb, it was next to none.

Definitely $2 well spent. :yep:

tkj25

I loved it! :grin: I was a little skeptical because I didn't think a little comb like that could match my natural hair. But it proved me wrong. I detangled with my jilbere shower comb first, then detangled with the Denman D12. The D12 did a great job at removing the shed hair that my jilbere shower comb misses, but it doesn't define my curls or get my hair really smooth like my Denman D3 brush so I used my Denman brush to smooth my hair for the last step. All in all though, it's a great detangling comb for only $1.99! I did a ponytail rollerset, and I also used it to smooth my hair before rolling instead of using a fine tooth comb. I beleive this would be a great alternative for people who want to try a Denman, but are scared of the brushes causing breakage and split ends. I really wanted the blue one but all my Sally's had were the grey ones :ohwell: This weekend I'm going to go back and buy the three they had left. This comb is definately a keeper!

yay! i'm glad you loved it! :grin::grin::grin: it really is a great detangling comb. it's been a life saver -- especially when it comes to removing shed hairs after wearing braids for a couple of months. and you're right, it's not a smoothing/defining comb, but for detangling -- it really does a thorough job.

I have the comb too, and I like it. I actually purchased both the Denman D12 comb and that other one that looks just like it (forgot the name, I think it begins with an M). I like both. I know that Tkj25 recommended not to get the other one cause of the paint rub-off, but when I felt the tips of the Denman comb, it didn't feel as seamless as the other one...so I just got both.

I am grateful for knowing that those combs exist! Thank you, TKj25!

you're welcome, glad you liked it too!:grin::drunk::yep: yes the mebbco--at least i think that's what the name is--looks just like the d12. just be careful, even though it felt smoother, i found with time the coating peels & can cause snags.

TKj25, you're a peach. I did buy this on your recommendation but I was little intimidated by it at first. Looked like it would eat me alive :look:. After rinisng my natural hair of my ayurvedic tea rinse. I made 5 sections and proceeded to detangle. I cut through my hair so fast I went back through with a regular comb to make sure I really had detangled it all the way to the root. I was stunned. Then I was looking on the floor for the rest of the hair because I always have a lot of hair after detangling. With this comb, it was next to none.

Definitely $2 well spent. :yep:

aww you're too sweet!:blush::drunk::drunk: don't be scared, it just looks vicious:lachen: but all those teeth are what make it work so well. i always start with wet/moist hair & the d12 moves through like no body's business. glad you liked it too!