Daily Washing Challenge Let's start!!!!

lthomas1

Hair Power!
Daily Washing Challenge Let\'s start!!!!

We have been see the postings about it. Let's do it!!! One month daily washing challenge and see how much new growth we can all achieve by May 14, 2004. I'm down for the challenge. How about you?

Isis

Re: Daily Washing Challenge Let\'s start!!!!

I would love to but I literally have no time to wash every single day! Every 3 days is a lot for me but I do it and I've been seeing great results. Sounds like a fun challenge though and something tells me it will accelerate new growth.

LondonDiva

I'm going to try this for a month and see how it goes. I'll probably wash every 2-3 days and rise in between during my evening showers. I'm due for a hair wash today so I'll start tonight.

Lindy

You guys are brave... it's not warm enough yet here in NY to be washing every day...
And I wouldn't do it anyhow, cuz my wet hair couldn't take being combed/manipulated on a daily basis...

silvergirl

id like to, but i airdry my hair an that takes all day, my hair would be constantly wet with no style. in the summer i may try for every second day though.

Casarela

Im in !!! Even if its still cold in Montreal ...IM INNNN!!

lthomas1

Hair Power!

Actuallythis onewill be easy for me because I do daily co washes. It keeps my hair so soft.

BrEE

[ QUOTE ]
silvergirl said:
id like to, but i airdry my hair an that takes all day, my hair would be constantly wet with no style. in the summer i may try for every second day though.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you use serums?? i dont know if it's my imagination or what but i really think that serums cut my airdrying time by more than half.

lillian743

I wanna join!!! hehe I already wash my hair every day anyway, but I like challenge's..

jellynote

If I wasn't 5 1/2 months pregnant I would. I wash my hair every week and I go to the salon every 2 weeks.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!

Count me in too.
Been doing daily co washes on a regular basis now...and I'm lovin them.

Vanessa22

I'm in! I'll conditioner wash it every day and shampoo at least once a week. I'm on the bun challenge (I think), so it really doesn't matter if my hair is wet or not, with or without style. It's a bun!!!! You really can't go wrong!

Good luck, ladies!

Tracy

dilute that shampoo if you're using poo girls!

Vanessa22

By the way, Lindy....I don't comb/manipulate my hair during the conditioner washes. I slick it right in a bun immediately after and the water usually detangles it. However, my fresh relaxer also has aided in this process, too. I usually comb during the shampoo washes, which are once or twice a week.

blue_flower

[ QUOTE ]
silvergirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I'm trying to leave my hair alone as much as possible and braid outs help me do that. Wash and braid on Sunday, and then I'm good for the rest of the week. All I have to do is wear a silk scarf to bed.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

I think your hair would be severely dry washing it everyday...we dont have caucasian hair
our hair is more srier than most nationalities and does not collect dust dirts as quickly unless a lotta oil is in it. Every 1-2 weeks is best.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL

When I was in college, I always washed, blewdry and curled my hair with a curling iron every single day and I had really long hair that was really healthy... I'm mixed so I don't know if that makes a difference..but I had really healthy hair that was long and my hair is also relaxed and highlighted. Washing mine everyday never made mine severely dry..
I think it really depends on the person individually whether or not washing everyday would be severely drying or not..

silvergirl

severe dryness???
my black "african" hair loves wash days. i have no white in me whatsoever. my hair is the most moisturized the first 3-4 days into a wash after that it starts lookin a lil less shiny. i used to wash my hair every day in the summers. but because im transitoning i fear breakage, even though i have yet to expereince tangles and whatnot i dont want to take that chance by washin every day untill ive fully transitioned.

Blacktresses

Lthomas1

Do you mean conditioner washes or shampoo washes ?

Does anyone notice a difference ( with your hair ) between the two ?

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL

[ QUOTE ]
silvergirl said:
severe dryness???
my black "african" hair loves wash days. i have no white in me whatsoever. my hair is the most moisturized the first 3-4 days into a wash after that it starts lookin a lil less shiny. i used to wash my hair every day in the summers. but because im transitoning i fear breakage, even though i have yet to expereince tangles and whatnot i dont want to take that chance by washin every day untill ive fully transitioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Silvergirl..when transitioning..do people mostly have breakage because of tangles..or they will have breakage no matter what? Thanks!

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong

<font color="purple">I'm in on this!! Even though I'm currently in braids, I need to wash my hair later tonight. Other than that, I'll rinse daily and do CO washes 2-3x a week. I like to see some new growth sprouting on my head. Toodles. </font>

OnceUponAtime

I wash everyday, so I guess I'm in because I already do it.
I only skipped days occasionally in the winter, but never more than one day. No less than 5 days a week do I wash during cold weather.

My hair also loves the water, Silvergirl. My routine ALWAYS begins with a rinse of baking soda and ends with some type of moisturizing conditioner. I shampoo once a week, more if I've loaded up on products. Especially if I used products heavy in "cones", petroleum, or are drying like hair spray which I use rarely.

lthomas1

Hair Power!

[ QUOTE ]
blacktresses said:
Lthomas1

Do you mean conditioner washes or shampoo washes ?

Does anyone notice a difference ( with your hair ) between the two ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer daily co washes. Do whatever works for you.

AshCash

I'm in... I usually do this anyways but I've slacked off a bit lately. Buildup is a big problem for me so I wash everyday with a dime size amount of Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shampoo (aimed only at my scalp) and then follow with their conditioner. To prevent shedding and breakage I only comb my hair under the stream of water from my showerhead. I then slick my hair back into a ponytail while still in the shower. Once I get out I add my leave ins (Headress and Herbal Essences Gel) to the top of my head and the length of my ponytail, throw on a silk scarve and let my hair dry overnight. The earlier in the evening (6-7 pm) I start this process the better the results. HTH... Ashley

michiganlady1

I want to join this challenge, but I will only be conditioner washing every other day. Does that still count? I think conditioner washes moisturize the hair, they do not dry my hair out at all.