Bun challenge anyone?

missyT

I don't know, is there a bun challenge going on ATM?
If not, anyone feel like taking part? We could do it for about a month and see how much length we can retain. I'm quite ready to take these twists out (only had them for a week).

Basically the challenge is to wear the bun as a protective style for a whole month, washing at least once a week.

I'm planning to drink 2 litres of water daily, eat 2 eggs daily as well as keep my ends well moisturised, using the baggie method at night. I don't want to take the bun down until I have to wash my hair, which will be weekly.

Anyone up for it?

missyT

Great Mysweetevie! :kiss:.
Should we wait for more responses before we set an official day to start?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
There is a bun challenge going on that lasts until August. I haven't seen any updates but I will go see if I can pull the thread up.

I am sure a lot of ladies would love to join a new one.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I think there was one started last year that ends in Aug or Sept. I think I'm on that one but I'll team up with your if you need a hair buddy. I wear buns as my protective styles 90% of the time. I'm sure that is the key to my progress this far.

Ginsana

Oh I'll join! I started my challenge yesterday. I'll do it for a month. I saw some broken ends in my hands after I washed my hair yesterday and I got scared and went into PROTECTIVE mode.!

balisi

I thought about taking this challenge, but I don't think I'd last a good week since I like to change my hairstyle often. :ohwell:

missyT

Oh great, I didn't realise we had gotten so many responses. Well, I was thinking we could start today?

I'm taking my twists out and can't wait to start bunning.
If anybody else, who hasn't responded yet wants to join, please do. We can all give eachother support.

Good luck.

Ashee

I think I'm on one on another Board, but I'll join this one too! They'll just overlap each other!! :grin:
I'll bun my braids!! :trampolin

Last edited:

moda

I will start Sunday, I finally got my hair to act right, and I want to keep my style as long as it holds.

missyT

Mestiza said:
Count me in! I've been wearing my hair in a bun since the Fall.

Great. Can I just ask, have you made progress with the buns? Are you managing to retain a lot of length?